U

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Fri, Dec 17, 2021 8:42 PM

Closed

YouTube TV app

After watching YouTube TV for a couple of hours, the app will crash and send me back to the Flex home screen.  I am then unable to enter the YouTube TV app for a number of hours, sometimes even overnight.  I've tried a number of fixes (restart, unplug, reboot modem, etc...) but nothing seems to solve this problem. What do I need to do differently?

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

YouTube TV App Issue

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 m ago

Same problem. Xfinity doesn't have a fix. Need one soon or I'm switching ISPs. Unacceptable 

XfinityAmir

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello user_6bb79d, thanks for posting. We are here to help. To better understand your problem can you tell us if you have this same issue while using other apps on your Flex box? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

This is ridiculous.  The problem has persisted for weeks.  It is well-documented on this forum, but the only response Xfinity employees give is to keep asking the same questions (already answered) and prompting to DM the employee.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityAmir 

No i don't. It's only the YouTube TV app 

XfinityAmir

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Thanks for the feedback, we are aware of the issue and we have our engineers working on this as we speak. We will update the thread once we have a resolution. Thanks for your patience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Any update, as it's been over 2 weeks now?  :-)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 m ago

I've got rhe same issue. I think I'm just going to quit the flex and go with Roku, I use that on another TV with no problems.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 m ago

Same exact thing happening to everybody in this thread is happening to me. Guess it’s back to roku for now bummer cause I was enjoying the new flex device.

anybody think it could be YouTube tv kicking them off for going over three streams. Happens occasionally on roku but I can go back in. I have to unplug power cable to use the YouTube tv app on flex again 

Official Employee

• 

228 Messages

Hello @jared.spooner@gmail.com, I have responded to your private message please continue to respond to that one as it is private. Thank you!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

> anybody think it could be YouTube tv kicking them off for going over three streams

No it isn't, because we ran into that issue separately, and get a message stating as such.  We have since upgraded the account and that no longer occurs; but this issue does, only on the xfinity xi6-t box.  It works fine on Win10, Linux, Android, TV app, and FireTV 4k stick.  And all other apps we use regularly are also fine on the xfinity box; youtube, netflix, amazon, hulu, etc.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 m ago

Who knows. Keeps happing I don’t know why we should expect our ISP providers equipment to acutely work. I might try putting a mask on my flex box to make sure it’s not getting a virus causing this. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here