U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jul 27, 2022 3:29 PM

Larger remote for flex

My brother is elderly and has trouble with the small flex remote. He needs one with larger, easily identifiable buttons, that is backlit or lighter in color so it’s easier to find. I’ve seen the 3rd party large button remote that Xfinity offers, but it has way too many buttons. Will Xfinity ever offer a larger flex remote? Are there any 3rd party remotes that are compatible with Flex?

XfinityPaula

Official Employee

• 

351 Messages

2 m ago

Hello @user_70305d thank you for reaching out to our forums for help with the remote. I know the flex remote can be difficult to navigate and the large button remote may offer too much in its design, so it may come as a great recommendation that we design and develop a new option. In the meantime your brother may find the Xfinity remote app useful in place of the Flex remote. The TV remote app is easy to use from your compatible mobile device (phone or tablet) and allows for the same control. Have you heard about the remote app before or used it? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityPaula​ 

thank you for the reply. I’ve tried the app-it is also too complicated for him to navigate.

it would be wonderful if Xfinity could make a larger remote. Just as an FYI, he has the same issues with a roku remote being too small, but at least it has different colors.

Official Employee

• 

398 Messages

@user_70305d I always provide our feedback link for good ideas. Please send that suggestion using this link: https://comca.st/3JfORq4

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 d ago

I could not agree more!!!!  The remote is not used friendly AT ALL for elderly or low vision.  The is just another complication for them.  They need a larger remote with different colors.  The arrows are almost invisible.  Please redesign!!

XfinityGabby

Official Employee

• 

590 Messages

Thank you so much for the feedback, @user_29233d. We can certainly understand the importance of having a user friendly remote. As my peer mentioned above, please share your feedback here: https://comca.st/3JfORq4.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here