O

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Apr 10, 2021 2:46 PM

Closed

Flex box keeps crashing...

Just what the title says, there is no other way to describe it... it started yesterday, after being on for anywhere between 30seconds-5minutes, the screen suddenly goes black... usually if I wait long enough the home screen eventually surfaces out of the black starting with the time in the top right corner, then slowly the outlines of the boxes, then the full screen... but generally with a simple touch of a button BOOOM black screen again.... it has not been able to stay on for longer than 10minutes over the past 2 days....ANYONE ELSE having this issue? Is the flex box just going bad!?

It's been in the same location for 2 months and yesterday it just started having the issue, I have NYMEROUS TIMES tried, manually and internally resetting it, refreshing the system, manually and internally reset/refreshed the router... nothing... I have tried using a different power outlet, yet still... CRASH!!

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

1 y ago

Hello Oddtopsie. Thank you for exploring our Forums and for creating a post. I can assist with running diagnostics and further troubleshooting the issue you have been experiencing with your Flex box. So that I can help, and gain access to your equipment, please send us a private chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list.
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

1 y ago

I just want to say I'm seeing the same thing, but currently only with Amazon Prime. HBO Max doesn't do it. It used to. It's come and gone over the last year, so I think it's an Internet hiccup that the Prime app fails on. I did see HBO Max buffering, which is why I think it's a streaming hiccup that the Prime app doesn't handle well. 

My modem is in bridge mode with an OpenWRT router behind it, so it's not really practical to remote in, unless you want me to set up a port forward to the Flex. (I figured out how to find its LAN address in my DHCP log.) Is there some way to get the Flex to log errors somewhere? I can set up a syslog on my home LAN's Linux server. 

I ran a speed test and see 180 Mbps with SQM disabled, 110 Mbps with it enabled, so I've got plenty of bandwidth. Which is why I think it's a momentary hiccup and not a steady low-bandwidth situation. 

The crash occurred while watching the movie Radioactive, a biography of Marie Curie, on Prime. It didn't happen while watching The Nevers on HBO Max, but that show did pause occasionally for a few seconds to buffer. Months ago I had the same crash happen perhaps every ten minutes while watching Psych on Prime. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here