Eavila's profile

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

Mon, Jan 11, 2021 9:00 AM

Need to get my wife's previous email address back

Hi,

My wife switched her user name over to a new user name, which also switched her email address.

Unfortunately, she wasn't aware of the issues that would cause with regards to logins to other websites.

I am trying to figure out how to unlock her previous username/email address so I can create an alternative account for her that will allow her to access her old email AND still use her new email account. At least until she can complete transferring all her other online accounts and whatnot over to the new one she created.

I created an alternative User account for her, and I tired to change the user name for that alternative account back to her previous user name, but it's saying that it has been taken. I understand it's probably just locked for some 90 day period though? 

Is there a way to have her old username unlocked so I can apply it to the new alternative user account I created for her now, instead of waiting the 90 days? I want to make sure nobosy else takes it.

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask about this or not?

Thanks

Responses

Accepted Solution

Again

Expert

• 

25.8K Messages

5 m ago

@Eavila wrote:

Hi,

My wife switched her user name over to a new user name, which also switched her email address.

Unfortunately, she wasn't aware of the issues that would cause with regards to logins to other websites.

I am trying to figure out how to unlock her previous username/email address so I can create an alternative account for her that will allow her to access her old email AND still use her new email account. At least until she can complete transferring all her other online accounts and whatnot over to the new one she created.

I created an alternative User account for her, and I tired to change the user name for that alternative account back to her previous user name, but it's saying that it has been taken. I understand it's probably just locked for some 90 day period though? 

Is there a way to have her old username unlocked so I can apply it to the new alternative user account I created for her now, instead of waiting the 90 days? I want to make sure nobosy else takes it.

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask about this or not?

Thanks

You might want to call Comcast's CSA (Customer Security Assurance). They may be able to help you. Their phone number is (888) 565-4329.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
Eavila

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

5 m ago

I called last week. The guy I talked to tried to unlock it and/or apply it to an alternative user I created under the same account, but he couldn't do it. He created a ticket for me and said they'd get back to me in 24 to 48 hours, but nobody ever followed up.

Guess it's a lost cause.
Eavila

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

5 m ago

UPDATE:

We got my wife's old email address back! Tested it and it's working now.

I was able to edit the alternate user account I made to the old user account name just now, which restored her email as well.

So, thanks! Problem solved.

New to the Community?

Start Here