Gizmo1975's profile

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Sat, Dec 18, 2021 4:46 PM

Touchscreen activation

Do I need a technician to activate my xfinity home touchscreen? If I do, can I do all the pairing myself without a technician? I bought a xfinity touch screen, 4 xfinity cameras and the sensors on eBay. I wish I could activate everything myself because I don’t like anyone in my house. 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

78 Messages

5 m ago

@Gizmo1975 

We might be able to connect the tablet to your account and activate it. Were you able to connect the cameras already? Please send me a DM to get started. Thank you! 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityRuben The cameras are paired with the touchscreen but they can't connect because it needs to be activated. I know there is a sim card in it and would you need the serial number? There would be no reason for a tech to come here if you can activate it. I was told that the touchscreen controller has to be activated to pair the cameras. Because when I try to connect the cameras they blink red. The gave me is 4 digit code but when I go to devices there isn't anything for cameras on there and the sensors all it is under that is repair. Did you mean to DM here or ask for you on the app?

Official Employee

• 

78 Messages

You can definitely DM me here and we can get started. Thank you! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityRuben How do I go about activating the touch screen controller?

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityRuben I DM you privately and you never responded

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

5 m ago

The cameras are paired with the touchscreen but they can't connect because it needs to be activated. I know there is a sim card in it and would you need the serial number? There would be no reason for a tech to come here if you can activate it. I was told that the touchscreen controller has to be activated to pair the cameras. Because when I try to connect the cameras they blink red. The gave me is 4 digit code but when I go to devices there isn't anything for cameras on there and the sensors all it is under that is repair

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

23.7K Messages

5 m ago

@XfinityRuben wrote: ... I am not seeing a DM. 

Your ID is one of the few whose Profile page at https://forums.xfinity.com/users/616da1623fc3e17674c7a4fd has a "Send Message" link.

Should the poster be sending a DM to "XfinityRuben", or to "Xfinity Support"?

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@BruceW  I gave him my identity. You shouldn't be commenting on some thing you dont know about

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here