Responsive
Conversation Starter
Conversationalist

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Tue, Dec 15, 2020 3:00 AM

X1 Troubles

Hi everyone.  I am having quite an adventure with Xfinty.   They believe I have two tvs.  I only have one which is in the bedroom.   The first tiny box they sent me would not connect, so I returned it to a xfinity store.  I received a replacement.   To make a long stoy short,  they continue to send me 

secondary tv boxes that feeds off the main box.  How do I get them to understand that I need a non- dvr main tv box.  I new box is coming today, but it is a secondary box.  They tried to send a tech for the outside, but I do not need any adjustments.    The main tv box I have --RNG150-- does not get Netflix, Hulu, etc.   What should I do?  Any assistance will be good.  deanie44

Responses

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

6 m ago

@wackywalker wrote:

Hi everyone.  I am having quite an adventure with Xfinty.   They believe I have two tvs.  I only have one which is in the bedroom.   The first tiny box they sent me would not connect, so I returned it to a xfinity store.  I received a replacement.   To make a long stoy short,  they continue to send me 

secondary tv boxes that feeds off the main box.  How do I get them to understand that I need a non- dvr main tv box.  I new box is coming today, but it is a secondary box.  They tried to send a tech for the outside, but I do not need any adjustments.    The main tv box I have --RNG150-- does not get Netflix, Hulu, etc.   What should I do?  Any assistance will be good.  deanie44

ask for an X1 set top box model XG2. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 m ago

I'm having the same problem!!  Very frustrating.  I have two tv's and they want to send me equipment for 4.  Twice now they have sent me the wrong equipment.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

6 m ago

Thank you for your replies. The representatives do not listen.  I told the "supervisor" that I wanted the XG2 and she said it was an old model.  The "supervisor" has overnighted me an X1tv box that gets the internet apps.  It is probab;ly the same secondary tv box that I already have.  They do not listen.  It is so aggravating.  Thank you.  wackywalker

Official Employee

• 

326 Messages

6 m ago

Hello, wackywalker, I hope overall your day is going well. I'm sorry it took us a while to reply and for the equipment issue. I can do my part to get your account resolved and our dedicated team can work together to help you on forums. If you can send a private message with your name, service address, and account number this will help us get started.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here