Conser's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Dec 12, 2020 12:00 PM

Why can't Xfinity execute an upgrade request?

Last Saturday I upgraded to Gigabit plan/unlimited data.  Or so I thought.  Just reboot your cable modem, I was told, and you'll see higher speeds.  Contacted them on Monday.  (Every chat interaction takes over an hour, and goes through two tiers of human agents because the lower tier can't actually do anything.)  They said, oh, you need a new modem.  It will be shipped within three business days.  You'll get email about it.  I didn't.  That is, I got an email confirming the plan upgrade, but nothing about the modem being shipped.  So I wasted an hour on Friday trying to get a tracking number out of them.  They could not provide one, although they claimed the faster modem had been shipped.  They also promised to send me email with the UPS tracking number.  They did not.  So, either a modem will arrive today -- which would be a pleasant surprise, but unlike all of the interactions so far -- or more likely, it won't, and I'll have to start nagging again, wasting yet another hour of my time.  This is really terrible customer service.  Text chat is not as annoying as phone, but good grief, email would be a vastly more effective way to work -- especially if you get an empowered human from the beginning, instead of having to wade through a bot level followed by a script-following human.  Very, very disappointing.

Responses

ComcastRob

Official Employee

• 

273 Messages

6 m ago

Hi there! I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 m ago

Hello ComcastRob,

I am having the same difficulty.  On 11/26/20 I upgraded our service online.  I've interacted with auto support and was told a tracking number would be sent.  There has been no information sent.  The order is still pending and nothing has arrived.

I clicked on your name and there is no place to send you a private message.  I only see your last replied on the forum.

If I can find your private message I can send you name, service address, etc. 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 m ago

ComcastRob,

I've located your pm box and sent you a message.

Thanks

New to the Community?

Start Here