U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Oct 13, 2021 3:27 AM

New service blues

I tried to get Xfinity service at my home but after several weeks and 5 no show appointments for a technician to install my drop I canceled the service I never had. Overall customer service was head exploding painful- there were times I couldn’t get out of the automated system without first restarting my modem then waiting ten minutes for a check. Ridiculous considering my home wasn’t  even connected. Tech support people were clueless and after every failed appointment I got a new excuse with no real care from support. What pushed me to cancel and stop the madness was Xfinity’s insistence I pay my first month of service even though I didn’t have any service yet. So much time has elapsed from when I requested service and received my modem in the mail they just started billing me. I was “assured” that next month they would apply the credits. Because they couldn’t keep their word on 5 failed install attempts with no promise as to when I might get hooked up I had zero faith my bill would get fixed after they took my money. It was a horribly frustrating experience with the only monopoly in town that provides gigabit internet service.

Responses

Official Employee

• 

308 Messages

5 d ago

Hello, u/user_bfca5d. I'd love to have the chance to speak with you regarding this matter. We certainly want a better experience for any new customer that signs up. I will be glad to double-check your order and any charges assessed during the time you waited for service to be active. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your direct message. Please add your first and last name to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityVianney I believe I sent you a private message about this - I do not see the chat option you speak of.

Official Employee

• 

442 Messages

We definitely want to assist you with your services today. You would need to send the private message directly to Xfinity Support in order for us to assist rather than a specific agent. We look forward to speaking with you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I just received a bill for a month of service that comcast never provided. what are you people doing. seriously. how screwed up is this. you need to remove that bill immediately before it affects my credit score. I owe you nothing since you never provided me any service.

Official Employee

• 

204 Messages

We certainly understand the concern and we would love to help with your billing concerns. We do need to collect some personal information and we ask that you please send a Direct Message with your full name and address so we can help! 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Do you really want me to post publicly that I tried to sign up for service and comcast failed to connect my house over the course of weeks, failed to show up for 5 different appointments and then demanded payment for services never provided!? Your automated systems will be the death of your company. HA! 

New to the Community?

Start Here