Texpack's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Dec 14, 2020 7:00 AM

New External Line

I have an old coax running into the attic from when I disconnected TV service 15 years ago. There is a place to connect to this coax on the ground outside my house. It's very possible the buried line is bad by now. A tech came out yesterday and told me they would only run new coax cable to the wall right below where my breaker box is located. Any internal connection would have to be run straight through the wall at the location and this location only. This location would also require a tunnel under the concrete driveway.  I understand they don't install jacks in interior walls from the attic any more for insurance reasons. I get that. Makes sense. I don't understand why they wouldn't be willing to run to another exterior wall that doesn't require a tunnel so the jack wouldn't be in my dining room. Can anyone verify what the policy is or direct me to a copy of the policy?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Texpack

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 m ago

The restrictions for the service coming into the house are an outside wall and there has to be a grounding block available. There was a grounding block available where my old service came in to the house so he ran new cable to that point and I was up and running in less than two hours. Outstanding technician. 

ComcastRob

Official Employee

• 

271 Messages

6 m ago

Hi there! I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here