Warez_0451's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Oct 23, 2021 7:05 PM

Internet Outage

Internet has been completely out since Thursday for me, and seems so for most of upper Illinois and other major cities around the US, according to user outage reports online. Been regularly turning the modem/router off and on in hopes that the connections will have been fixed by then, but nothing's changed thus far. Unsurprisingly, Xfinity's outage map claims there's no issues of any kind. So, I'm stuck draining my batteries on mobile data.

Official Employee

• 

485 Messages

1 m ago

Hi there! Have you checked the Xfinity Status center to see if there are interruptions in your area that may be causing this. You can access our awesome status center here: https://comca.st/3GfibeA

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAirelle

Restarting the modem from the website did about as much as it did when I do it multiple times a day at home. That is to say, nothing happens. And no, comcast's status center claims there's no outages in my area despite there being loads of reports online from others in Illinois and other states currently having issues with their internet, and as I previously said, this has been going on for my family since Thursday. The TV comes in perfectly fine but not a bit of the gigabit internet I'm paying for is functional.

https://istheservicedown.com/problems/comcast-xfinity/map

Official Employee

• 

405 Messages

Thank you for sharing the screenshots with us, @Warez_0451. I'd like to further review the area. Please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name. The message icon is located at the top right of the Community Forum page, clicking on the message icon will allow you to initiate a chat conversation with us directly. Please ensure you are sending your message to our 'Xfinity Support' handle. Once I have the chance to review the area further, I'll follow back up with you here with any updates. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here