muthuswamy4530's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Dec 25, 2020 7:00 AM

Can Comcast engineers do a basic modem swap, it 48 hours and counting

I wanted a swap to be done from an old modem to new modem. It is almost 2 days, they have an escalation ticket to do this simple things. Should i be surprised or it is normal to Comcast.

Responses

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.4K Messages

6 m ago

Could you describe what you mean by swap from an old to a new modem? What steps have you done exactly? What is it that you are waiting for Comcast to do?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 m ago

I wanted swap my modem TG862G to CM1150V. I have all the four services (internet, phone, tv and home security). I called up technical support. They first sent me to Internet guys, he tried for 30 mins, then he came back and said it is "home security" who is blocking the move, he transferred me there. The home security guy looked for 30 mins and said first internet has to be enabled, then back to Internet team. For 3.5hours on the phone,  with remote engineers, billing department all worked. Not able to solve. Then came back and said please take your device to the Comcast shop. The lady in shop laughed at me and said so simple, i will do it in 2 mins. 2 hours she was struggling, she spoke to her regional and finally came back said, the modem was giving an error stating that it was already registered in Xfinity and they do not know to whom. I told them it was brand new one, bought from staples online. She asked to get in touch with Staples and netgear. Both the companies confirmed that the device was brand new. Now they raised an escalation to clean up xfinity system because somebody in the comcast had accidently put MTA mac instead of CM MAC.  TIll now i have not heard from Comcast.

EG

Expert

• 

87.2K Messages

6 m ago

You can't use an 1150V alone with their home security system. It is a retail purchased / straight cable modem only device. A Comcast rented combo gateway device must be used. Or a retail purchased modem and router, or a retail purchased combo gateway device may be used but a tech would have to come out and install a side-car router to interface with the security system.

EG

Expert

• 

87.2K Messages

6 m ago

I understood your dilemma. I just added a *matter of factly*. I couldn't possibly know that you already knew that. It didn't sound like it.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 m ago

Thanks for your reply. I know 1150V cannot be used for Home security. I have to use 1100 Provided by xfinitiy as the router for Home security.  I think you misunderstood my issue. I said the problem was they could not swap the modem.  Xfinity has to add 1150V cmac to my account and once configured with the Doccis (boot), they have to remove my old one. They could not add the new one. THey did not know how to do it for 72 hours.

Hope this clarifies the issue.

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

6 m ago

Hey there, @muthuswamy4530

Our team here on the forums can pull up your account and look into any notes if you have questions during this process. Thank you for taking the time to reach out by posting here on our forums. 

Can you please private message me your full name and service address? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

New to the Community?

Start Here