U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 11:12 PM

Peacock service

Who is eligible for the service. I have the digital economy package. My bill shows a $0 charge for Peacock premium stating it included. There are no asterisks, disclaimers or fine print.

So do I have access or not. if so why does peacock say i don't qualify.

Thank You

Responses

MNtundraRET

Expert

• 

4.6K Messages

2 m ago

You most likely will find it only on your computer. Go to the Comcast Internet Site. You will find it under "My Account".

I only use Comcast for linear cable for my TV's.

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.8K Messages

2 m ago

@user_954c52 wrote: "... digital economy ... why does peacock say i don't qualify. ..."

See https://www.peacocktv.com/help/. You should be able to set up a Peacock account with your Comcast login and password.

What is the exact error message you are getting?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 m ago

I called comcast/xfinity tech support. It is nothing but a run around. I got transfered to an upper level support. He said that they would send me a flex box or DVR. That was the only way to activate. Yeah right. Then he said the boxes would be free. Yeah right. He said I should go to the local store and they could solve this. Yeah right.

Why say something is free when it is not?

Why is the tech staff quite incapable of solving the problem?

I confirmed that I was eligible.

[Image Removed: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

146 Messages

Hey @user_954c52, thank you for reaching out on our forums about the Peacock app. For the free Peacock Premium subscription, you can sign up from either a Flex TV box or compatible X1 TV box. It sounds like you TV box might not be compatible but we can definitely get you a newer one. You can also create a regular account with Peacock. Once signed up you can click on settings then link your Xfinity account to get the premier. Our website here also has a list of the compatible equipment and how to activate the service. Once the account has been created, you'll be able to access it from their website or app on other devices. If you can send us a private message, I can make sure we get your equipment up to date. You can send a private message by clicking the "message" icon in the upper right corner of our forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle Xfinity Support to send us a private message.

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Ok, In case one is not paying attention. I don't care about flex box or a different tv box. I don't care about compatible devices. I am using a computer using firefox. I already went around with tech support. I wish people would read and not follow a script to fix issues. The above is copy paste generic solution that does not fix my problem. I could say its just a simple error on comcast side and state comcast does not know what they are doing. I am just following my script on how I deal with tech support. is it fair? does it solve the issue? does it get me anywhere? no just like the above. 

So, why won't someone one pick up the ball and run with it instead shuffling solutions that don't work.

Official Employee

• 

2.9K Messages

I'm sorry to hear your experience has been less than ideal thus far @user_954c52. This is definitely not what we want for you. I would love to work more closely with you to review your level of service and make sure we get this issue straightened out. :)

Please send us a Live Chat with your first and last name as well as your service address so we can assist. 

To send a Live Chat, please click on the chat icon on the top right of this page, next to the bell. Make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Xfinity Support" and we will get back to you ASAP.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

It amazes me how the buck is passed. Now I need to go to on-line chat and get support there. I spent 40 minutes on the phone when I called tech support and got nowhere. Now I need to spend hours in chat to get this solved. Hours because I will have to go through their exhaustive script before I get to chat with someone who may know something.

If XfinityTambrey is serious about "  I would love to work more closely with you to review your level of service and make sure we get this issue straightened out. :)" then give me a name and number and not a pool from which the selected unlucky person will chat with me.

Then it seems that my time here was wasted since my issue was not solved. 

I appreciated the non-xfinity support info but it did not solve my issue. Basic as it was it is still appreciated.

Ill stick to phone support. It is quicker and less time consuming than chat. 

If xfinity is really serious to correct this issue, they are free to contact me. If not, then they can ignore me like they have always done.

Official Employee

• 

161 Messages

I can assure you we are happy and eager to help. The chat does need to be initiated by you so that we can proceed. I will leave instructions below! 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.8K Messages

2 m ago

Try using an @Comcast.net address instead of the @Yahoo.com address.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 m ago

My peacock account is @yahoo.com. When I select xfinity, I have it set up to autologin using my comcast.net id.

I have many different apps using different email addresses. Don't have a problem with apps linking to other apps using different emails. As long as I use the correct email ID for the service it works. Now if comcast does well then its [Edited: "Language"]. 

The email in the screen print is what I registered for peacock. I use a password manager have it set for autologin. Now, if Peacock goes to a completely different site for verification that could be the case but i dont get a login failure. no failure. See screen shot

As you can see, there is no error in login. Same message when I link abc, cbs, nbc and there is no problem there.

[Image Removed: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

MNtundraRET

Expert

• 

4.6K Messages

2 m ago

user_954c52:

What I found under "My Account" using my Lenovo Computer Edge W10, was Comcast's steaming video service.

Not quite the same as Peacock; but it does offer enough choices of streaming video.

You should be able to access it using your computer.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@MNtundraRET 

I appreciate your answer but it does not answer my issue.

If you say a service is free, then you need to be able to provide that service and support it.

If you cant, don't advertise it. Put fine print or disclaimers. That is what those are for. To get rid of the PITA users.

It is to tell consumers that it is not comcast problem but the users. For users to use forum, to find if someone smarter than comcast can get it to work.

Your work around doesn't work for me because it does not give me the service that is stated to be free. Maybe you may be ok to accept a solution that does not give what was stated. Maybe you are ok to settle for a solution that has been there forever as a substitution. That is acceptable to me that you are happy with your solution. It just does not work for me. 

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.8K Messages

2 m ago

@user_954c52 wrote: "My peacock account is @yahoo.com. ..."

(Note that the image you posted was removed because it contains an email address, in violation of Forum rules. See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/guidelines/xfinity-forum-acceptable-use-policy/602d9c64c5375f08cd574236 and https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/guidelines/xfinity-forum-guidelines/602da8fdc5375f08cd20b38c )

Don't know what to tell you. I also have Digital Economy TV service. I originally set up my Peacock account using my @comcast.net login and got Peacock Premium.

As a test, I just set up a Peacock account with one of my Yahoo email addresses. When I did it gave me a "Peacock Free" account. On the Account page it invited me to "Link Provider" to Xfinity or Cox. I clicked the Xfinity button, entered my Comcast email and password, and Peacock upgraded the account to "Peacock Premium, Included with eligible Xfinity subscription". All I can say is it worked for me.

(edited)

New to the Community?

Start Here