billmich88888's profile

Contributor

• 

453 Messages

Sat, Jul 24, 2021 1:02 AM

NBC olympic stream doesnt work on my DVR box.....

it works on the other 3 boxes that i have. When i try to use it on my dvr box, it waits about 20 seconds, then flips me back to the last channel i was watching with an error message of (we encountered an error, please try again or attempt to watch using the guide.

I have restarted my box and it still doesnt work

the interesting this is that I can access all the streaming events on the other 3 boxes that I have (non-dvr) 

I would like someone to reach out to me and we can see if there is trouble shooting that can be done. I really enjoyed utilizing the streaming for the 2018 and 2016 Olympics in the past

Thank you

Responses

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

453 Messages

2 m ago

to everyone here - I had to go and swap out my box. and now it works

i can also suggest you tun into channel 1995 and see if there is an upgrade that can be done on your box

mlepeonka

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

@billmich88888 1995 didn’t come with anything. Kept the 3 dots going so I’m assuming I don’t have any updates. And the online apps do not load the games as promised. 

JMM159

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

@billmich88888 Thanks for the suggestions! Didn't know about 1995 but I didn't have any updates. Went to two stores today and they said the 4k DVRs are almost non-existent in stores so I had to order one, which may take a week or more to get here.

Official Employee

• 

188 Messages

2 m ago

Hello and thanks for reaching out @billmich88888. I am sorry to hear you are having issues streaming the Olympics on your DVR and I would love to assist you. Please send me a direct message with your first and last name, along with your complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.   

Here are detailed steps to direct message us:  

 • Click "Sign In" if necessary 

 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) 

 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 

 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 

 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 

 • Press Enter to send your message 

mlepeonka

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

2 m ago

I am having the same issues. Yet another flaw with Comcast. Please fix. And please don’t tell me to message you, fix the issue. Don’t hide behind IMs be honest and give solutions in the forum. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

453 Messages

2 m ago

I have sent a PM with more detailed information, waiting rfor someone to respond

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

Same problem for me.  Does not work on DVR box.  Works fine on other boxes.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@Jersey42 it is now working for me.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

What a joke as usual. Make it work. You offered it, I shouldn’t even be wasting time writing this. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

Thanks Comcast.. I cannot really watch Olympics due to your DVR problems. BTW, I called them and they are aware but there is nothing they can go about it!

hopefully by next games they’ll have it fixed.

mlepeonka

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

@Jfb418 hahaha. They had an additional year!

New to the Community?

Start Here