turnip67's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Aug 25, 2021 4:35 PM

Missing channel

I was told during three separate visits to Xfinity Stores that Turner Classic Movies/TCM would be added 'a la carte' to my channel lineup for $9.99/month. It appears in my channel listing and I have restarted the devices multiple times, to no avail. The devices advise that a subscription is required. Since visits to humans in stores has not resolved this, is there another way to resolve?

rightfooted

Expert

• 

1.1K Messages

2 m ago

TCM is part of the More Sports & Entertainment Package. Check your account information to make sure you're subscribed. The channel guide shows all channels, even those to which you're not subscribed. Also see https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/more-sports-entertainment-package?pc=1 .

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@rightfooted Thank you but on multiple occasions, I was told in person that the channel could be added without the entire package. Last visit I was told, literally, the channel would be available by the time I got home. Suffice to say, it was not. That was over a week ago. After completing a post-service survey, the store manager emailed me asking if he could discuss. I've replied twice now via email, he has not replied once. Everyone is very pleasant but the actual follow through is just horrible.

Again

Expert

• 

26.5K Messages

@turnip67

Regardless of what you were told, you cannot add [or remove] any channel à la carte except for premium channels like HBO.  That $9.99 you were quoted is for the entire Sports & Entertainment bundle, so unfortunately, you get all the channels in that tier.

So, are you saying you don't see TCM in your channel line up at all?  You technically should see all channels, including those that you don't have a subscription to as @rightfooted mentioned, but you should also see TCM.  Have you tried doing either a voice search or manual search on your remote for TCM?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

A technician had to come to the house. His diagnosis was that none of the store employees set the proper (signal?) sequence for each piece of equipment (modem/router, TV boxes). All of my connections were fine, this could apparently be resolved only by a technician or employee. Apparently not one of the three store employees who attempted to address this was adequately trained. 

As an interesting aside, a store manager emailed me b/c he was so concerned with my survey response regarding my visit to his store. In his email he asked if I could be available to discuss. I replied with my availability and did not hear back. I emailed again asking if he intended to contact me to discuss and he has not replied in over a week now. If this hadn't already been a colossal waste of my time, I would try to escalate this but doing so would be more difficult and time consuming than getting the simple services I've requested.

Again

Expert

• 

26.5K Messages

@turnip67

The "simple services" that you've requested are only simple if you order the Sports & Entertainment tier for $9.99.  Otherwise, as you have been told you cannot get TCM à la carte.  A technician coming out and fiddling with your cables or equipment cannot magically make that channel appear without a subscription to S&E, regardless of what some phone rep told you, which was incorrect information.

You might be able to LiveStream from the tcm.com website, but again, it might require a subscription, so I can't guarantee anything.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here