Jg167's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Sun, Jan 10, 2021 12:00 PM

CSPAN, CSPAN1, CSPAN2 (1128, 1129, 1130) sf bay area, are not avaiable?

Sometimes they show as dead air, sometimes tivo shows "searching for signal", somestimes it shows the xfinity/comcast white on blue banner  "channel not available", but they are in my package according to xfinity's own info and have been there in the past.  Any idea of what is going on?

This has been going on for a couple of weeks (what a great time for it).

Responses

Ma4201

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

5 m ago

The reason why you can't  get new channels or converted channels that  Xfinity has upgraded from SD to HD over about the last 2 years or so is because xfinity has been sending these channels over IP and TiVo is not able to put IP channels through TiVo boxes

ThatDonGuy

Problem Solver

• 

465 Messages

5 m ago

I can get them on my X1 box, but on my TiVo, they (and quite a few other four-digit channels) show blank screens like you are getting. Can you get the SD versions (I am also in the Bay Area, and on my system, C-SPAN is 15, C-SPAN 2 is 109, and C-SPAN 3 is 110)?

Pedantic mode: the channels are C-SPAN (House), C-SPAN 2 (Senate), and C-SPAN 3 (miscellaneous).

Jg167

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 m ago

I'm not sure this explains it since the CSPAN HD channels 1128, 1129, and 1130 worked firne for me up to a few wweks ago.

Jg167

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 m ago

Yes I can get the SD channels or CSPAN (for me its 80, 109, 110).

New to the Community?

Start Here