rocnron's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Mon, Dec 21, 2020 11:00 AM

4k or not?

I purchased a Oled TV 77" LG a couple months ago and updated our Comcast box with the appropriate box but cannot identify when a program is being broadcast in 4K! The only way I know how to sometimes receive any confirmation is to speak "4k" into the remote. Last Saturday  I tuned into the Ohio - Northwestern game and it was not appearing in 4k. I spoke 4k into the remote which brought up an icon  of the OSU/NW game. So I clicked on the icon and voila it brought me to the broadcast in 4k! This has happened before, a broadcast is not looking like it is in 4k and I speak 4k into the remote and the icon comes up and I select the icon and it turns into a 4k show. If I click on the info button after the broadcast appears in 4k, it says ultra HD, but if I click on info later in the broadcast it just shows HD although the show remains showing in 4k.

Responses

ComcastChad

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

6 m ago

The info shortcut will only work for a few seconds after the 4K notification has been triggered.   You can get back to the 4K event by hitting last on the remote and selecting the program from the last 9 features or saying 4K into the remote. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick
dcfox

Regular Contributor

• 

325 Messages

6 m ago

@rocnron  I use the last button or speak 4k on the remote to select the game in 4k programming as @ComcastChad  said. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 m ago

How can I determine if a show I'm watching is coming thru in 4k?  Is there an info field that tells me the format of the show?

New to the Community?

Start Here