7strings's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sun, Dec 13, 2020 3:00 PM

True managers and customer SERVICE at Comcast? Help!!

I have just had the weirdest and worst customer experience of all time.

A little over a year ago I moved from India to the US and first month here, signed up for comcast. 

This morning I had bit of downtime (quite sunday) so I looked at my mail and saw one from Xfinity and found the my internet bill was almost double (close to $99 instead of the original $58 and change) so I worriedly reached out to customer service. The first person who got on line with me strgugled a bit with english but was a really nice person. He heard me out, understood that I had not recieved or seen any increase communication.... indeed ratified by the fact that I was TOTALLY unaware this was being charged, as it went directly to my credit card each month. 
He calculated the difference and agreed the wrong amount was charged on 3 bills and the difference would work out to approximately ~$120 but as he only has the ability to provide credit up to a $100 he would give the credit for 2 months... and we could negotiate the plan for the third month. He said for credits above $100 it would need to go to a supervisor.
I requested instead talking to a supervisor / manager who would be able to fix all three month. He was very polite and agreed and put me in 'queue' (or so I thought). Not sure what happened after this! I was dropped after 10 mins or so of staying on the line.
I reached out to customer service (calling them this is an affront to true customer service everywhere!). The person who answered this time was equally uncomfortable with English but worse was super unfriendly and peachy - totally unwilling to listen to what had happened. I once again asked for a manager, this time I was flat out warn 'Oh it will take too long' - I said 'since you are unwilling to help me, dont know if I have any other option other than waiting, do I? Unless you are willing to help me?' To which the person replied "ok wait" (on a recorded line no less!) 
Here comes the kicker, the 'escalations team' lady was even more supercilous and flat out said the first agent lied. I tried having a dialouge, she wouldn't allow it, and kept speaking over me saying  she was 'educating' me. I let her finish her peice and tried talking and she basically hung up and wouldn't even let me speak! Is this how comcast runs its operations? REALLY shocked and disappointed that I've been such a loyal customer of a business which cares so little about their customers :'( 

Anyone on here from the customer SERVICE team willing to fix the wrongs and change my impression regarding comcast or should I just cancel my account and cut my losses and find another service provider?

Responses

Again

Expert

• 

25.8K Messages

6 m ago

@7strings wrote:

I have just had the weirdest and worst customer experience of all time.

A little over a year ago I moved from India to the US and first month here, signed up for comcast. 

This morning I had bit of downtime (quite sunday) so I looked at my mail and saw one from Xfinity and found the my internet bill was almost double (close to $99 instead of the original $58 and change) so I worriedly reached out to customer service. The first person who got on line with me strgugled a bit with english but was a really nice person. He heard me out, understood that I had not recieved or seen any increase communication.... indeed ratified by the fact that I was TOTALLY unaware this was being charged, as it went directly to my credit card each month. 
He calculated the difference and agreed the wrong amount was charged on 3 bills and the difference would work out to approximately ~$120 but as he only has the ability to provide credit up to a $100 he would give the credit for 2 months... and we could negotiate the plan for the third month. He said for credits above $100 it would need to go to a supervisor.
I requested instead talking to a supervisor / manager who would be able to fix all three month. He was very polite and agreed and put me in 'queue' (or so I thought). Not sure what happened after this! I was dropped after 10 mins or so of staying on the line.
I reached out to customer service (calling them this is an affront to true customer service everywhere!). The person who answered this time was equally uncomfortable with English but worse was super unfriendly and peachy - totally unwilling to listen to what had happened. I once again asked for a manager, this time I was flat out warn 'Oh it will take too long' - I said 'since you are unwilling to help me, dont know if I have any other option other than waiting, do I? Unless you are willing to help me?' To which the person replied "ok wait" (on a recorded line no less!) 
Here comes the kicker, the 'escalations team' lady was even more supercilous and flat out said the first agent lied. I tried having a dialouge, she wouldn't allow it, and kept speaking over me saying  she was 'educating' me. I let her finish her peice and tried talking and she basically hung up and wouldn't even let me speak! Is this how comcast runs its operations? REALLY shocked and disappointed that I've been such a loyal customer of a business which cares so little about their customers :'( 

Anyone on here from the customer SERVICE team willing to fix the wrongs and change my impression regarding comcast or should I just cancel my account and cut my losses and find another service provider?

If you're on autopay it is your responsibility to read your billing statement every month.  Your billing statement includes notices of changes to your services as well as notices of increases.  It is this way that Comcast notifies you. 

If your plan had a price increase you were possibly in a contract with a promotion.

Official Employee

• 

201 Messages

6 m ago

I'm sorry to hear about this experience! We always want to provide the best customer service to all of our beloved customers and it sounds like this was not the case during your interaction. 

We can certainly look at the account and see what the options are for a new promotion; to do so, please click on my handle (ComcastGina) and send a private message with your name and service address. 

You can always view the term agreement details online and as was mentioned, the bills will have notices of upcoming changes as well. You can also view the past bills online or on the My Account app

New to the Community?

Start Here