U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Aug 1, 2021 2:20 PM

They charge me $100 fee

They charge me $100 tech visit fee. When I schedule I ask the agent to make sure there is no fee. Agent confirmed on chat that there will be no fee for this visit and they still charge me to send tech to restart modem!!! I found out these charges when I receive my bill and now they tell me that it’s a valid charge. How come valid???  It’s stealing money by imposing charges on customer

Responses

Official Employee

• 

140 Messages

2 m ago

Hi there @user_6d955f!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and ready to assist in any way that we can with your billing.  So that we can get started on this for you please feel free to send us a private message with your full name, complete service address and account information.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message you may need to:

Click "Sign In"

Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Again

Expert

• 

26.4K Messages

2 m ago

@user_6d955f 

If the modem was one you own and a tech came out and "restarted it", then you would be charged a fee.  If the modem is one you are renting, then there shouldn't be a charge.

New to the Community?

Start Here