selphie2's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Sat, Nov 28, 2020 12:00 PM

Regional Sports Fees

... and why do I have to pay it?

I do not watch sports. I'm really rather angry being forced to pay for something I do not, never have and never will use. Now you have nearly doubled the cost of this egregious fee. My household is on a very limited income and even an extra $6.20+ a month can cause a ripple. Here's an idea. Give people an option of whether they WANT the RSN and let them pay for it. Or give 81 year olds a credit for that fee (great tax write-off) because it's really not fair to make people pay for things they don't want just because you think they should.
It's extortion, honestly, because in order to get more than 10 channels, you are forced to pay.
Bad business practices, Comcast. We've been customers since it was Cox, nearly 40 years. Cut us old timers some slack. Not everyone is getting COLA raises.

Responses

Again

Expert

• 

25.8K Messages

7 m ago

@selphie2 wrote:
... and why do I have to pay it?

I do not watch sports. I'm really rather angry being forced to pay for something I do not, never have and never will use. Now you have nearly doubled the cost of this egregious fee. My household is on a very limited income and even an extra $6.20+ a month can cause a ripple. Here's an idea. Give people an option of whether they WANT the RSN and let them pay for it. Or give 81 year olds a credit for that fee (great tax write-off) because it's really not fair to make people pay for things they don't want just because you think they should.
It's extortion, honestly, because in order to get more than 10 channels, you are forced to pay.
Bad business practices, Comcast. We've been customers since it was Cox, nearly 40 years. Cut us old timers some slack. Not everyone is getting COLA raises.

Unfortunately, unless you have the very basic cable plan, RSN is going to be included in your bill whether or not you watch any sports.  Plans are configured to appeal to a broad spectrum of customers and are not tailored to one customer specifically.  So, if you have a cable plan that has sports channels in it, you'll be paying that fee.  Your alternative is to downgrade to the very basic plan, but then you'll probably be losing your favorite channels in the process.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

7 m ago

Which makes comcast honestly not worth the cost any more. They're wondering why they're losing customers left and right, this is why. Perhaps they should not spend so much on advertising and lower their rates. They could make their billions in bulk service.

New to the Community?

Start Here