misledbyagent's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jan 9, 2021 6:00 PM

misled

I was worked with a Comcast agent to commit to a new 24 month plan and was told that by doing so my monthly charge would REMAIN FIXED for the entire 24 months.  Well 7 months into the 24 month period my bill went up by $17/mo.  This was strange and must be a mistake, so I called to get it corrected.  I was told it in fact was not an error and that in the fine print the fixed price applies only to certain monthly charges and not other monthly charges like "equipment" and "broadcast and regional TV fees", those I was now told could go up at any time without limit.  I was misled, in fact lied to, when I committed to the new 24 month period as it was explained that in return for my commitment my bottom line price would remain fixed for all 24 months.    I will be reporting this to the FCC and FTC, as it clearly falls under UDAAP (Unfair, Deceptive, Abuses and Practices).  I am committed and cannot cancel without a penalty, but Comcast can change the monthly price at any time ??? Not cool and not was I was told.  I spent time on the chat today, then they had someone call me who deciced the challenge was one they didnt want to deal with so they just hung up, then I called back and got another rep, who promised a supervisor would call me tonight...... almost 3 hours later no call back.  Just terrible.  All I ask for is the commited all in price for 24 months be honored or an ability to cancel right now without penalty. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Again

Expert

• 

26.1K Messages

7 m ago

@misledbyagent wrote:

I was worked with a Comcast agent to commit to a new 24 month plan and was told that by doing so my monthly charge would REMAIN FIXED for the entire 24 months.  Well 7 months into the 24 month period my bill went up by $17/mo.  This was strange and must be a mistake, so I called to get it corrected.  I was told it in fact was not an error and that in the fine print the fixed price applies only to certain monthly charges and not other monthly charges like "equipment" and "broadcast and regional TV fees", those I was now told could go up at any time without limit.  I was misled, in fact lied to, when I committed to the new 24 month period as it was explained that in return for my commitment my bottom line price would remain fixed for all 24 months.    I will be reporting this to the FCC and FTC, as it clearly falls under UDAAP (Unfair, Deceptive, Abuses and Practices).  I am committed and cannot cancel without a penalty, but Comcast can change the monthly price at any time ??? Not cool and not was I was told.  I spent time on the chat today, then they had someone call me who deciced the challenge was one they didnt want to deal with so they just hung up, then I called back and got another rep, who promised a supervisor would call me tonight...... almost 3 hours later no call back.  Just terrible.  All I ask for is the commited all in price for 24 months be honored or an ability to cancel right now without penalty. 

Were you told those fees were included in your plan?  Probably not.  The rep is correct.  Unless otherwise stated in your contract fees, taxes, and surcharges are not included in your plan and are subject to increases. 

4. CHANGES TO SERVICES

Subject to applicable law, we have the right to change our Service(s), Xfinity Equipment, rates and charges, at any time with or without notice to you. We also may rearrange, delete, add to, or otherwise change programming or features or offerings contained in the Service(s), including, but not limited to, content, functionality, hours of availability, equipment requirements, speed, and upstream and downstream rate limitations. We may deliver any notice concerning changes to the Service(s) and our relationship with you, including notice of any change to this Agreement, in any one or more of the following ways, as determined in our sole discretion: (1) by posting it on www.xfinity.com or any other website about which you have been notified; (2) by mail or hand delivery to your Premises; (3) by e-mail to the e-mail address for your account in our records; or (4) by including the information on or with your bill for Service(s).

https://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/SubscriberAgreement

New to the Community?

Start Here