anonymous13231321123's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Sat, Nov 13, 2021 6:43 PM

Closed

EBB Program

I quality for the EBB program and was approved. When trying to apply the changes on the comcast website, the monthly credit still appears at $0.00 instead of $50.00. I need this fixed and a better tier of internet speed to receive the full amount credited by the EBB $50. The phone number to call has zero customer service support.

UPDATE:

So after being contacted by customer service they refused to apply EBB to my internet service and tried to get me to buy some bundle package which I did not want to do. They also claimed that I need internet essentials to use the EBB credit which is a lie. On top of that existing customers can't get internet essentials even if you qualify. Basically comcast is deliberately denying people goods/services even when you meet all qualifications.

I will be looking for a new cable/isp provider.

I will be filing a complaint with the FCC.

EG

Expert

• 

91.7K Messages

2 m ago

Concern moved here to the Billing help section for greater exposure to actual Comcast employees for assistance. 

Again

Expert

• 

26.8K Messages

2 m ago

@anonymous13231321123 the information you gave on the EBB form has to match exactly with the information on your Comcast account.  If it doesn't then you won't see the credit.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 m ago

Still need comcast to fix the issue

Official Employee

• 

565 Messages

2 m ago

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to reach out! In order to address the credit issue in regard to the EBB program, you must contact our internet essentials team. They can be reached at 1-855-846-8376. 

If you would like to upgrade your internet tier, our awesome digital care team can assist you! Can you initiate a chat and start with your full name and address? To start a chat, please click the chat icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there! 

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 m ago

So after being contacted by customer service they refused to apply EBB to my internet service and tried to get me to buy some bundle package which I did not want to do. They also claimed that I need internet essentials to use the EBB credit which is a lie. On top of that existing customers can't get internet essentials even if you qualify. Basically comcast is deliberately denying people goods/services even when you meet all qualifications.

I will be looking for a new cable/isp provider.

Official Employee

• 

565 Messages

Hi there! We did not refuse to apply EBB to your account, we made you aware that you will need to contact our internet essentials team to handle that part of your request as our digital care team does not handle EBB inquiries.

We did offer to assist you in upgrading your internet speed like you asked in your initial post by repackaging you into a new bundle. Please let us know in the private messages how you would like to move forward! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I don't need internet essentials to use EBB. If your told to resolve a normal comcast account issue, get your executive or CEO to do his job because you guys clearly can't.

I'm not in any locked bundle packages but you want to trick me into paying more by locking me into a useless bundle to get faster internet which I should not have to do.

I need a better internet speed package around $50 to go with EBB credit. You currently charge $30 for a measly 3mbps download. Nowhere near broadband standards.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

565 Messages

We never implied you need internet essentials to utilize the EBB program, we simply stated that our internet essentials team handles EBB inquiries, not us. 

We also never said you were locked into a bundle. We are unable to discuss account details publicly, so please continue our conversation in private messaging. Thank you.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityAirelle So why don't you get ahold of your other team? It's part of Comcast, and tell them to give me $50 EBB credit and you increase my internet speed with a better internet plan. There is no need for me to call another phone line and be put on hold for 2 hours when you're the customer support. And no reason to tell me I need to bundle a package for faster internet... I'm not here to just fork over money for things I don't need.

Official Employee

• 

565 Messages

As we stated before, our team does not handle EBB inquiries, you will need to contact our Internet essentials team at 1-855-846-8376. 

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 m ago

I will be filing a complaint with the FCC.

Again

Expert

• 

26.8K Messages

2 m ago

@anonymous13231321123 

In that case there isn't anything that can be done here to help you.  You'll have to wait to hear from an agent.

This thread is closed to further comment.

New to the Community?

Start Here