Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

what are compatible routers for comcast

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations, you've have started 5 topics! Your communication brings an abundance of information to the community!
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2 (102 Views)

what are compatible routers for comcast

I have the arris dcp3941t router and the parental controls will not work.  I have spent three days straight on the phone with tech support trying different setting and still they willl not work. This is a big problem. I asked the rep if there was a different router they could send me that would allow me to access my dns settings so I can use my static ips for parental control and was told none of routers have the capability to access this information.  Every other router I have had through my previous provider always had that option.  I was advised to purchase my own router.  Please let me know what routers are compatible with your service so as I am not further spinning my wheels.  I have shut off the wifi because of this issue.

1 REPLY
Posted by
Edited on
‎03-17-2017 07:52 PM

Connection Expert

Message 2 of 2 (85 Views)

Re: what are compatible routers for comcast

[ Edited ]
FWIW, it's more properly called a gateway device. You can put it into full bridge so that it acts only as a plain cable modem and then use any high quality stand-alone router that you like. This will perform better and have more robust features than any combo gateway device that they provide and likely better than any combo gateway device that you can buy at retail period !

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon