Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

username and password for my router

New Poster

username and password for my router

I changed my username & or password for my router a few months back and now I can't remember what I changed them too. How can I get that information or reset my router back to the default un & pw?

tia

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: username and password for my router

Reset it back to factory defaults by depressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds.

All Replies
Expert

Reset it back to factory defaults by depressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds.

Regular Visitor

you can get that information from the xfinity.com website.  simply log into xfinity.com and go to the top righthand corner.  there you will see a wifi signal symbol, select that.  it will bring you to xfi and let you view or change your network names and passwords as well as manage connected devices.

Expert

@agent1025 wrote:

you can get that information from the xfinity.com website.  simply log into xfinity.com and go to the top righthand corner.  there you will see a wifi signal symbol, select that.  it will bring you to xfi and let you view or change your network names and passwords as well as manage connected devices.

Are you sure about that ? I don't see that listed here;

xFi Features

• View and change your WiFi name and password.
  • See what devices are connected to your home network and give them nicknames for easy reference.
  • Create profiles to group devices by family member.
  • See who is most active on your home network and when.
  • Set Parental Controls and bedtime schedules to ensure your kids access appropriate content at the right times (Watch our YouTube video to learn how to enable parental controls and set bedtimes).
  • Instantly pause WiFi access for any device or profile.
  • Troubleshoot issues.
  • Access advanced features to further customize your home network.
  • Access your home network information on Xfinity X1 (for X1 customers with an eligible TV Box).

I'm not sure that they want to view or change their *WiFi network name (SSID) and network password / key*, they may want to view or change their router's *user interface access username and password*.

Regular Visitor

Sorry i may not have been clear. With xfi you dont need the user interface for the router because it acts as one and lets you do the same thing only you dont need to be directly connected to the modem/router