Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

slow internet speeds on gigabit speeds with motorola sb8200 and comcast modem CGM4140COM

Regular Visitor

slow internet speeds on gigabit speeds with motorola sb8200 and comcast modem CGM4140COM

So I'm having speed problems. Tech came out today, ran a new line to my Arris SB8200 modem which is connected to a netgear Orbi mesh router. Best speeds we could get on wifi and directly wired from modem to computer were around 490Mbps. Tech then swapped out my SB8200 for the comcast Technicolor modem, model CGM4140COM and performed the same test and recieved the same speeds, maybe 30-40Mbps to the better for around 520Mbps. I am using Cat6 wire from modem to Orbi and when tested directly to computer Cat6 as well. Please tell me where to proceed. I have read here that the Netgear CM1000 is a good choice as the phone is of no use to me on the comcast nmodem. 

Expert

Re: slow internet speeds on gigabit speeds with motorola sb8200 and comcast modem CGM4140COM

Hi, @lamp101,

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. Since you've already had a tech visit...

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

If you would like help from the community: Start here: troubleshooting guide. Please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem. You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

Official Employee

Re: slow internet speeds on gigabit speeds with motorola sb8200 and comcast modem CGM4140COM

lamp101, the CM1000 is pretty popular on the forums but let's make sure there aren't other issues here. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number tied to your residential services for help. Just click my name and then click private message me.