members

online now

discussions

question about comcast 3 internet speed plans

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 4 (2,950 Views)

question about comcast 3 internet speed plans

I have been paying 42.95 plus $5 for modem rental for years, and i just found out that comcast offers 3 different internet speeds.  I don't even know what speed I am paying for.  I looked on my comcast bills and all it says is xfinity internet, no details or anything.  A friend just told me they offer three different internet speeds, can someone here explain the three internet speeds and the prices?  I only use the internet to browse the web and for xbox live.

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2 of 4 (2,933 Views)

Re: question about comcast 3 internet speed plans

It depends on your area. The performance tier is12mbps download /2mbps upload with power boost just went up to 44.95 for our area,Blast 20mbps download/4mbps upload with power boost 64.95, economy 1.5 mbps download/384 kbps upload 26.95 and a performance plus special new customers 12/2 19.95 . Check your area on Comcast.com shop hsi

Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 4 (2,911 Views)

is the economy one any good?  can one get by on that?

Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 4 of 4 (2,897 Views)

If you are just doing general/casual browsing, E-Mail retrival, etc., it should be adequate.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program