Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

port forwarding issue on the new wireless gateway

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations, you've have started 5 topics! Your communication brings an abundance of information to the community!
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2 (1,365 Views)

port forwarding issue on the new wireless gateway

Hi
Just got the gateway, from 10.0.0.1, Advanced->Port Forwarding->Add Service . In the "server IP address" I put 10.0.0.5, it says its an invalid IP address. But that is the computer I want the packets to forward to. Where did I do wrong. thanks
David
1 REPLY
Posted by
Networking Expert

Message 2 of 2 (1,344 Views)

Re: port forwarding issue on the new wireless gateway

Is the computer you are trying to forward packets to getting network info via DHCP, or do you have an IP statically assigned? It may be that the gateway will not forward to a DHCP assigned address... Try reducing the range of the LAN DHCP scope to be smaller than the full Class C LAN (use 10.0.0.128 - 10.0.0.254) and make sure the computer you want to forward packets to has a static IP and the IP is in the 10.0.0.2 - 10.0.0.127 range.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program