Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

ipv6 websites working fine but not ipv4

Regular Visitor

ipv6 websites working fine but not ipv4

I can access google, youtube, yahoo, facebook, however, for some reason other websites like webmd, my online school's website I cannot access. I've call numerous times about this issue. I've verified with the xfinity tech support that the CMAC, and HFC MAC are provsioned correctly, in fact, I had used three different modems. They had mentioned something about there might be an issue with the devices I'm using. I had used my phone as a hotspot and all of my laptops can connect to ipv4 websites. When I connect back to the xfinty network only the ipv6 will connect. I've tried DNS flush, ipconfig release/renew, rebooted the modem. I'm not sure what else is there to do.

Expert

Re: ipv6 websites working fine but not ipv4

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Official Employee

Re: ipv6 websites working find but not ipv4

Hi scotty0621, I can provision your modem to see if this will help. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.