Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

internet connection problems

New Poster

internet connection problems

on Friday, June 29 i lost internet access.  On monday july 2, the tech said i need a new modem.  The problem was caused by a comcast upgrade in my area (Atlanta GA).  My modem no longer would be compatible.  So i bought an Arris modem with dosci 3.1.  connected, called comcast, put the new modem in my file, etc.  no internet.  called comcast.  guy walks me through steps.  no internet.  he said go back in an hour, disconnect cables, shut down computer and modem turn everything back on.  hour later, no internet.  this morning did it again, i go internet.  now my router had to be reconfigured to match modem after going through steps, internet disappears. powered down reboot.  no internet but my router is fine.  i can see netflix through dish/router.  Iphone can surf with wi fi turned on.  modem has two ethernet ports one connected to computer the other to router.  What's up?

Problem Solver

Re: internet connection problems

Only one Ethernet port on the modem can be used.

Expert

.@ 

You would need to purchase an additional dynamic public IP address (if your area even offers it) from them if you want the second LAN port to be active.

New Poster

Thanks very much will reconfigure cables tonight. Modem to router and router to computer.