Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Yet Another Xfinity Wifi Rant- Someone Please Make it STOP

New Poster

Yet Another Xfinity Wifi Rant- Someone Please Make it STOP

About a year ago Xfinity Wifi began dominating all other networks and would just automatically connect, so I'd manually connect to my wifi, only to have Xfinity connect again the next time I used my computer. After doing research on this I figured out the extremely elusive way to turn this off within our Xfinity accounts and did that, all the while wondering why Xfinity can't make this an easy/clear process? This worked for about 7-8 months, and then all of a sudden out of the blue, Xfinity is connecting again every time I go on the internet. So I go back to my online account thinking maybe the settings got changed for some odd reason... lo and behold it is still turned off, so it should not be connecting, yet it is.... I contacted Comcast and after explaining my situation to one person who initially said he could help, I was finally told he was going to connect me to another department which was mildly irritating. So of course when she connected with me I had to start at square one and explain the entire situation again. I expressed my frustration with trying to deal with this at work, having been on a chat with them for 40 minutes over something that should be easy to fix and not even happen to begin with. I told her I needed to go back to work, I didn't have any more time to spend and could she just turn it off. She said yes we can we have it all taken care of for you. Guess what has happened since then? Xfinity is connecting automatically more than ever, the problem has actually gotten worse. Whattheheck! 

Expert

Re: Yet Another Xfinity Wifi Rant- Someone Please Make it STOP

This has nothing to do with Comcast, it has to do with your computer. Got to your Wi-Fi settings and tell your computer to forget the Xfinity network. That's it.