Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Xfinity Residential Trouble Call

New Poster

Xfinity Residential Trouble Call

A few weeks ago, I noticed that my internet speed was not up to par of what I was paying for (I was getting less than 20mbps download speed when I was paying for a 50-70mbps dl speed). I called customer support to rectify the issue and they were unable to do so after troubleshooting several different things and trying to reset my router from their end. They agreed that they would send down someone to look at the issue at NO CHARGE. A person was sent a few days later, and he could not figure out what the issue was as well. My modem was working fine, my cables were all good and thus I resigned to my fate of just having to deal with lower quality internet even though I was paying for a higher quality speed. 

What infuriates me the most is that I was charged $70 on my bill, even though I was promised that I would not be charged, AND my issue was not resolved too (i.e. I am paying for lower quality internet at a higher cost). Is there any way for me to get a credit on this? I called customer service but they said it was something they could not waiver and that there was no note of agreement of the fee being waived in my first call. This just does not make sense to me because 1. I am not getting the service I am promised, and 2. I am being charged for a service that could not identify the issue. $70 is a lot to pay for nothing and I hope Xfinity will have the decency to credit this fee back.

Expert

Re: Xfinity Residential Trouble Call

Sorry to hear about your issues. Since you've had a tech visit already...

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

They can help you with your billing issue and can also take a look at you speed issue.

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem.You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Residential Trouble Call

Hello Jay_Reythm, please allow me to make this right for you. I can get a tech sent out "Free" of charge due to us not getting this taken care of the first time. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".