online now

discussions

Xfinity HotSpot FAQs

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 51 of 375 (13,095 Views)

Re: Xfinity HotSpot FAQs

Hey Ms. Fox. Sorry it took so long to get back to you but my sister tells me that even though she bought her own Cable Modem (to avoid rental charges) she still has the unsecured Wi-Fi signal transmitting from her modem. I wish I had better news for you. I gave up on trying to turn mine off and am waiting for a search warrant to be served because some low life pedophile skank latched onto the signal coming from my modem and Police traced it back to me! Did comcast think this through? I'm going to ask one of the comcast techs that hang around in these message boards to offer help and to answer questions. Take care Ms. Fox

Jp

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 52 of 375 (13,070 Views)

If your sister truly did purchase her OWN device, with her OWN funds and Comcast went ahead and actually changed her device to their specifications (firmware, functionality) thus enabling the unsecured xfinitywifi SSID.

THEN she has a very winnable lawsuit on her hands and I'd love to see her pursue it.

I don't know where sheis but I'd bet a hungry young lawyer (try a local law school) would love to take the case and play chicken with Comcast.

I'm serious though.  They have NO RIGHT to modify someone elses PRIVATE PROPERTY.

Question though - Did she return the Comcast supplied device (getting a receipt AND (hopefully) recorded the serial# of this device) and then TELL THEM about the device she did purchase on her own and used as a replacement?

I certainly hope she did...

ComcastJesse - Please disable my xfinitywifi hotspot.  Thank you.

Additional questions for CJ - So, this has now been MONTHS of the dreaded error message that users get when trying to manager their own HotSpot. You specifically stated that the 'team' is 'working on it'.  Why isn't this issue resolved yet?

I have been in IT >30 years and this doesn't take months, and months to fix nor a team.  Someone is tellling all of you to just ignore the issue and pretend it is being worked on.  What say you?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 53 of 375 (13,055 Views)

This is the message I just got and I have a TC8305C Comcast rental modem.

XFINITY WiFi

You will not be able to enable or disable the XFINITY WiFi Home Hotspot feature as you do not have an eligible XFINITY Wireless Gateway in your home.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 54 of 375 (13,050 Views)

Thank you Mr. von Richthofen for the info. I'm not sure if she kept the serial # when she returned it or the receipt. I do know that Comcast posted a list of compatible cable modems somewhere on their website and she chose one from that. I will delve into it further. Thank you again for the data.

Jp

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 55 of 375 (13,049 Views)

Gotta love it!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 56 of 375 (13,003 Views)

jakechess wrote:

Please disable my hotspot. I dosabled it once and now its on again. I get the same "something unexpected happened" when I try to do it myself.

For grins, I went into my Preferences and tried using the CHROME web browser and received the same error message you did...   SO I fired up the Mozilla Firefox browser and it WORKED.... was able to enable and then disable my hotspot from work....   SO I then tried IE10 and it also worked...    Only seemd to have a problem with CHROME this morning...

It does work, just have to have patience and try a few other browsers....

Good luck!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 57 of 375 (12,992 Views)

Please disable my Xfinity HotSopt. Please do it soon!

I've also posted a PM to this effect.

I've tried the “Manage XFINITY WiFi” link on  https://customer.comcast.com/ multiple times over the course of a week on three different browsers -- it never works.  I always get the same  "We're sorry. Something unexpected happened. Please try again later." message.

For the past month and a half there have been many posts to this thread on this issue from numerous unhappy customers. I don't see any evidence of a satisfactory response from Comcast. If Comcast had any regard for their customers, we should have heard some kind of response to some of the issues that have been raised long before now.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 58 of 375 (12,966 Views)

Having bridged gateway doesn’t prevent Comcast from using the device as a hotspot. Mine –Arris tg862- is actively broadcasting the hotspot SSID, and since that appeared, the internet performance has become abysmal, just as it was before I asked for the device to be bridged and reinstated my own router. I confirmed this last night by powering off the modem and seeing the hotspot disappear and reappear when it was back on. The info that says customer performance will not be affected – is not true!!

When I try to turn it off via the “Manage XFINITY WIFI” link, I get the error that others report “We’re sorry. Something unexpected happened. Please try again Later.” I've tried from home and away.  I will try again with other browsers and then ping Jesse if that still doesn’t work. This is ridiculous.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 59 of 375 (12,958 Views)

Here's how to handle that error message: as soon as you see it close it and go right back to the Manage WiFi link for a second try. This often worked for me but not every time. At least once i had to make 3 tries. This is sort of a last ditch effort when nothing else works.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 60 of 375 (12,947 Views)

ehatl wrote:

Having bridged gateway doesn’t prevent Comcast from using the device as a hotspot. Mine –Arris tg862- is actively broadcasting the hotspot SSID, and since that appeared, the internet performance has become abysmal, just as it was before I asked for the device to be bridged and reinstated my own router. I confirmed this last night by powering off the modem and seeing the hotspot disappear and reappear when it was back on. The info that says customer performance will not be affected – is not true!!

When I try to turn it off via the “Manage XFINITY WIFI” link, I get the error that others report “We’re sorry. Something unexpected happened. Please try again Later.” I've tried from home and away.  I will try again with other browsers and then ping Jesse if that still doesn’t work. This is ridiculous.

Have you been given the latest firmware???

You can put your Arris in BRIDGED MODE and TURN OFF the WifFi Hotspot there....

Just saying....

Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 61 of 375 (12,954 Views)

geek46 wrote:
You can put your Arris in BRIDGED MODE and TURN OFF the WifFi Hotspot there....

That will disable the customer's "home" WiFi access point. It's still up in the air as to whether or not it disables the "public" WiFi hospot. What say you Comcast ?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 62 of 375 (12,922 Views)

All requests for having the Hotspot disabed have been processed.

As for the issue with bridge mode being enabled and the Hotspot still broadcasting: Unfortunately, until today, I had not heard of that being an issue. However, I received a message from a customer who was experiencing the same issue. I will look further into the issue and see what i can find. However, I have no solid information on the issue yet. But, as always, I will do my very best to provide accurate information as I receive it. And if need be, I will change my original post to address the issue.

Thanks!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 63 of 375 (12,919 Views)

ComcastJesse wrote:

As for the issue with bridge mode being enabled and the Hotspot still broadcasting: Unfortunately, until today, I had not heard of that being an issue. However, I received a message from a customer who was experiencing the same issue. I will look further into the issue and see what i can find. However, I have no solid information on the issue yet. But, as always, I will do my very best to provide accurate information as I receive it. And if need be, I will change my original post to address the issue.

Thank you Jesse.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 64 of 375 (12,869 Views)

Thank you Jesse, and all, for the help and responses.  I did finally get the dialog to opt out of hotspot after trying with Firefox broswer.  I'm not sure if the browser matters, or just multiple attempts.  The hotspot SSID did disappear from my list and our internet and performance has been good since then.  I guess this does make a difference...

Thanks.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 65 of 375 (12,836 Views)

Well, I'm glad that Daylight Savings ends today, 'cause I need the sleep. Here's how I spent my Saturday:

I walked around my neighborhood with a WiFi sniffer, and found 16 of my neighbors broadcasting "xfinitywifi". I gave them all a printed sheet with instructions to disable this "feature", and instructions on filing a complaint with the FCC and the Texas PUC.

I also fired up the Xfinity WiFi app, and emailed 106 businesses whom Comcast is advertising as public hot spots. I've heard from 11 of them as of this evening, and NONE OF THEM were aware of this thievery. Should make an interesting class action...
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 66 of 375 (12,712 Views)

Can you please disable my Xfinity hotspot Jesse? Thank you!

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-04-2014 01:30 AM

Contributor

Message 67 of 375 (12,689 Views)

[ Edited ]

First, "ComcastJesse", look guy, thanks for your help here in this. I think your assistance here is unprecedented, I thought that with the dismal help from telephone calls to Comcast that the forum would be the same. You have outdid yourself. I sincerely hope it has not put your position in jeopardy.

Second, I personally asked for my Comcast furnished modem to be put in the bridge mode a while back. The reason is because the people on the phone disabled the second transmission for me but it lasted less than twenty four hours. Then they, with a wise attitude, they renamed the second transmission with a null name, in other words it was there but with no name being broadcast. That was enough for me to request the bridge mode.

My thoughts were that in the bridge mode, the furnished modem would have no routing capability and therefore could not transmit either signal because there would be no routing to share the data stream.

BUT, my thoughts were wrong. There was some way they did it and reactivated the Comcast broadcast.

Then, like I mentioned earlier on in the thread, I did get it turned off via the link you furnished. I had to use Internet Explorer to do it via the web page after a few tries. Firefox, my preferred browser, was not capable of doing that on the web page, nor was the Opera browser.

It had stayed off, but I am considering requesting it be taken out of the bridge mode to give me more information from the furnished modem. I can not get into the modem to see anything except, some limited parameters.

( If I can attach a screen grab, I will , for your information. )

In summation, if a bridge mode was requested, the Comcast transmission can be turned on remotely.

Again, "ComcastJesse", on behalf of all of us in here, thank you for your help and being here.

( well I can not attach an image of a screen shot, but if you really need it, I can either post it on my domain or email it to you if you need it. )

Posted by
Visitor

Message 68 of 375 (12,646 Views)

Hey Comcast.Xfinity... Are you seeing a pattern here? Do you not listen to your paying customers?

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-04-2014 12:01 PM

Connection Expert

Message 69 of 375 (12,656 Views)

[ Edited ]

FWIW, when the device is in bridge mode, there are no longer any routing / wireless settings to configure anyway. The only thing that you can / need to view passively are the cable modem component's signal stats and its error log entries.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 70 of 375 (12,640 Views)

FWIW: Jasam. No they don't.

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 71 of 375 (12,610 Views)

Shishka4,

Your hotspot has been disabled.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 72 of 375 (12,598 Views)

Gerry_D,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful message. I really appreciate the positive feedback.

I will continue to assist in whatever way I can for all of our customers. And if you need me to assist with your bridge mode issue, please send me a private message, and I will address the issue ASAP.

Thank you

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 73 of 375 (12,566 Views)

I think the support people at Comcast are great. Jesse has obviously been helpful to folks on this forum, and the WiFi techs with whom I spoke were terrific as well. However, the Comcast policy of turning on a public hot spot on my gateway is a sore spot with many users.

I know, I know. It's in my terms of service. The only people who read ToS and EULA are those who write them and their lawyers. "Legal" don't necessarily mean "ethical".
Posted by
Visitor

Message 74 of 375 (12,532 Views)

I want to disable the xfinity wifi hotspot and every time I choose 'manage xfinity wifi' it says 'We're sorry. Something unexpected happened. Please try again later.'

I'd like the wifi hotspot disabled and I'd like to be able to access the modem settings.

I've tried this on a win8 and win7 machine using chrome and IE. I've also tried on iOS and android and you don't even give the option in the mobile webpage version.

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 75 of 375 (12,483 Views)

Hello,

I have disabled your hotspot as well.

Thank you!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 76 of 375 (12,436 Views)

I also would like to disable my hotspot.  I keep getting the same message as everyone else does that "I do not have an xfinity wifi gateway" or something like that.  But I do and it was installed yesterday.  I don't want to download another browser.  Comcast Jesse, can you also disable my hot spot?  It is clearly in my list of accessible wifis.  Thanks

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 77 of 375 (12,425 Views)

Hi there,

I show that your hotspot is disabled.

Thanks!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 78 of 375 (12,412 Views)

Nope, it's still going strong.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 79 of 375 (12,411 Views)

Unless it's somebody elses wifi that my computer is detecting.  How do I tell?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 80 of 375 (12,408 Views)

This is awesome.

thanks for the faq jesse it answered all my questions.

and I'm glad to be serving my community like this

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 81 of 375 (12,423 Views)

Thank you VERY much @comcastjesse !
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 82 of 375 (12,369 Views)

boblist wrote:

Unless it's somebody elses wifi that my computer is detecting.  How do I tell?

If you have a tablet or smartphone, get one of the wifi signal strength apps from Google Play store.  They should list all the sites that have enought signal strenth for it to detect; I tried 3 or 4 & select "wifi 360" adware.

The xfinitywifi item was listed in a different color along with its mac addr.  From there, I used the gateway's webpage to check the xfinitywifi mac addr & compare it to the mac addr displayed on the list for xfinitywifi.

If you use crapple products, there "should" be something similar.

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 83 of 375 (12,362 Views)

You can also just power off the gateway and see if that connection vanishes.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 84 of 375 (12,347 Views)

Brilliant.  It's not my wifi.  Thanks for turning it off.  

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-10-2014 11:29 PM

Frequent Visitor

Message 85 of 375 (12,222 Views)

[ Edited ]

Here is something that no one seems to be addressing...  Or no one else is experencing?  Or looking for?

I have a ARRIS TG862G/CT That I have had to call in to have the xfinitywifi hotspot turned off.

It has been successfully turned off according to tech support.  (It should be something that the user can access, but we can't -enough has been said about that.}

I have additional equipment, wifi sniffers on my laptop and tablet and phone, and all clearly show that the router is still pumping out the xfinitywifi signal, it has just changed the address to (00:00:00:00:00:00)  so that it does not show as xfinitywifi.

The TG862G/CTis also producing an unannounced signal at (02:1d:d3:9a:fa:00)

The Modem has been properly given a hard reset, all settings have been checked, level 2 support says they can only see that the hotspot has been turned off.   They have no other insight into this.

There is no doubt that this unit is the source of the signal. That's easy enough to verify just by cycling the power and watching My wifi and the 2 unwanted signals die...  The mystery broadcasts use the same channels that I use (and can control).  The 2 unwanted broadcasts are changed along to whatever channel I select.

Thoughts?   I am going to discussing this with ARRIS as well.

Please let me know what you find out.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 86 of 375 (12,192 Views)

Mr Jesse, Could you please disable our hotspot. We called in, and level 1 support had to contact level 2. Was reported as being shut off, however our personal wifi had been turned off. We are getting the same error message, and have for a couple months now. Thanks MUCH!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 87 of 375 (12,189 Views)

Jessee please disable our Hotspot.

Thank You

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 88 of 375 (12,171 Views)

EG wrote:

Gerry_D

FWIW, when the device is in bridge mode, there are no longer any routing / wireless settings to configure anyway. The only thing that you can / need to view passively are the cable modem component's signal stats and its error log entries.

Hi Gerry,  I'm not an IT professional, but I think your comment is wrong.

True, once in bridge mode the settings are no longer adjustable, that makes sense from a software design standpoint.

But if you use wifi "sniffer" or analysis software you will clearly see that the modem continues to pump out signal whether put in bridge mode or with only thexfinity wifi hotspot disabled.

I am currently using a TG862G/CT, and I do use the wifi for my home network.  I have had level 2 tech check and confirm that the "xfinitywifi" hotspot is turned off.   Guess what?  it is still there, still broadcasting.  It only shows with analysis software, but it is still there.

As an IT professional, what would you recommend doing it there are multiple wifi networks sharing a channel?  Would they interfer with each other?   The xfinitywifi broadcast that the TG862G is putting out shares my channel, and changes to whichever channel I select.   That can and does affect my wifi.

Basic control to shut down transmission is all anyone here is asking.  Making a SSID non-reporting is NOT the same as turning it off.

FWIW, did you know about this?  Am I seeing this wrong?  Are you running a Comcast wifi system? -If so what signal(s) is yours producing?

-Clay

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 89 of 375 (12,059 Views)

Coulson: You hotspot has been disabled as requested.

PSdstu: I don't show you have a device that broadcasts the Hotspot. It appears you are using your own router with your service.

Thanks!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 90 of 375 (12,051 Views)

If your comment was directed to me, how is my comment "wrong" ? I stated a simple fact, nothing more. I did not expand on anything further. I never stated anything contrary to your comments and I do not disagree with what you stated.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 91 of 375 (12,021 Views)

Hi Clay,

No, I didn't say that, it was someone quoting or replying to something I posted.

Here's what I used to "detect" a Comcast/Xfinity WiFi signal, My Google Nexus tablet and a FREE app called "Wifi Analyzer".
It works on smart phones that can run Android apps.

As I sit on the other side of my basement in an alcove with a cinder block wall and dirt between me and MY wireless router, I see ONLY my signal at about a -65 dbm. Walking towards my wireless router, (where the Xfinity/Comcast modem is located),  I see the signal climb to a -20 and go off the screen when It's right next to the wireless router's antennas.

Here there is NO signal from the Comcast/Xfinity modem's wireless at all. I do see a neighbor's wireless router, netgear29 and another neighbor's signal, "thongpam" and several other signals when I'm on the other side of the basement by the garage door including a weak Xfinity signal, Those signals are at about -90 dbm.

Now as to someone else's statement and several Comcast/Xfinity phone support people, that a Xfinity/Comcast free WiFi signal will not interfere with other WiFi signals in the home, NOT. I have a Google Chromecast device on my TV, When the Xfinity/Comcast signal was sent on the SAME CHANNEL as my home WiFi, I had some troubles with the operation of the Google Chromecast. It was dropping frames and sometimes giving me a blocky video.

Also Clay, I am not an IT professional, I retired from the government some six and a half years ago. My specialties were Tactical Satellite and Fixed Satellite Station repair and fielding AND automated test equipment repair. I had been called upon to travel to many other countries where we have a military presence to effect repairs on failed equipment. I did have several courses in routing, bridges and switches and the practical application with satellite communications, but I'm not an IT professional. My electronics training started with test equipment repair, servicing and calibration. I was quite familiar with radio frequency interference and digital interference and test equipment to measure and simulate interference patterns in a digital link. To sum it up, I think I sort of know what I'm talking about "most of the time". Especially when I can see interference caused by shared channels with the antenna shared as well in a Comcast/Xfinity modem as well as a Comcast/Xfinity modem adjacent to my personally owned wireless router with separate antennas but a shared channel.

Now, technically if two WiFi signals share the same channel and are broadcasting signals, they WILL interfere with one another, BUT typically error correction software you and most people know nothing about works behind the scenes to request retransmission of the data. The effect you MAY notice is a "slowing down" of sorts, web pages load slower and videos may stop in playing from youtube or other sources. This is all depending upon the speed of the data transfer and the capacity of the device to temporarily store the video data before it is displayed. But there is no way to do this with a web page, loading MAY seem slower while the data is again requested from the distant site on the web and resent through the Internet and retransmitted through your local WiFi connection.

Technically one would thing that if there are two signals on the same channel from the same device, they should "share" and not transmit data when the other one is, but either that is not always the case or other "inbound" signals mess up the plan.

Finally, Yes, I knew about them giving the Xfinity/Comcast WiFi signal a "null name" so it could not be accesses. (Somewhere in a previous post is wherte I mentioned that as being the reason I wanted and had them put my Modem in Bridge Mode.) It was still there and effectively killed the use of that channel by me as it was being used by the modem.

No offence intended, just wanting to clear up a few things for you. Mostly, I am NOT an IT expert, I know some things that are related to WiFi by my experience in other sub-fields of electronics and computing.

Cordially,

Gerry

PS; I don't get in here as often as I like, I highly recomend posing the questions to "ComcastJesse" or someone more qualified than I.

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-13-2014 04:00 AM

Contributor

Message 92 of 375 (12,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
I tried to disable the hotspot and got a message that I "will not be able to....as you do not have an eligible xfinity wireless gateway in your home." We have the all in one Cisco 3939, but it is newly installed. Will it become or is it actually already a hotspot?
Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 93 of 375 (12,002 Views)

Hello there,

Yes, most likely your device does not have the Hotspot feature built in or the feature has not been activated.

I receive the same message from my end here as well on your device.

Thanks!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 94 of 375 (11,991 Views)
Posted by
Edited on
‎11-14-2014 01:21 AM

Contributor

Message 95 of 375 (11,959 Views)

[ Edited ]
I was able to successfully turn off the hotspot by logging into my account however a second SSID is being broadcast with no name and the MAC address one digit off from my own SSID. Can you please turn it off? What's interesting is when I use wifi analyzer it shows my signal staying fairly consistent but the other SSID shows high and low spikes continuously.

Or are people saying when they turn off the hotspot it is not really being turned off but rather given a null name?? Before I turned it off I showed 3 SSID's. My real network, the xfinitywifi, and the null named phantom one. (I have the TC8305C until tomorrow. )
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 96 of 375 (11,947 Views)

Yeah...  I think I dorked up who I was replying to.   

Sorry about the confusion.

I see alot of suggestions to just switch off or not use various pieces of Comcast equipment.

I am trying to clearly understand what i am seeing from my equipment, and learn from the tidbits of info I can find here.

Seems to me, One good conversation with a comcast techniction that is privy to the how and why of CCast's system would answer all of the questions on these forums.

It's not rocket science.  

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-14-2014 01:44 AM

Frequent Visitor

Message 97 of 375 (11,936 Views)

[ Edited ]

to Gerry

Hi there,

I am sorry, I pretty much dorked that comment.  Sorry if I sounded snarky.  i thought I was replying to someone who listed themselves an an "IT expert".

I am using the same 'wifi analyzer" app as you.  It's rather nice on a tablet.  

I am retired USAF, 10 years out for me, and while I was an engineer, your field sounds like more fun.

Thanks for writing back and letting me know what was what.   

-Clay 

(C141B FE)

So...  What does "thongpam" look like?  200+ Lbs?  I laughed when I read that.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 98 of 375 (11,888 Views)

Please help. I've been trying to disable the hotspot for 2 weeks and always get this message:

"We're sorry. Something unexpected happened. Please try again later."

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 99 of 375 (11,881 Views)

See message 59 on this thread.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 100 of 375 (11,888 Views)

mattson4 wrote:
I was able to successfully turn off the hotspot by logging into my account however a second SSID is being broadcast with no name and the MAC address one digit off from my own SSID. Can you please turn it off? What's interesting is when I use wifi analyzer it shows my signal staying fairly consistent but the other SSID shows high and low spikes continuously.

Or are people saying when they turn off the hotspot it is not really being turned off but rather given a null name?? Before I turned it off I showed 3 SSID's. My real network, the xfinitywifi, and the null named phantom one. (I have the TC8305C until tomorrow. )

ComcastJessie:

Can you help me with this? 

"a second SSID is being broadcast with no name and the MAC address one digit off from my own SSID. Can you please turn it off?"

Oh - and it looks like I am stuck with the tc8305c until Monday since they didn't get my new one to me like promised and they are sending the EAXCT SAME MODEL. Argghh.