Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Xfinity Gigabit download speed only reaching 200 mbps

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Gigabit download speed only reaching 200 mbps

I am currently using the Netgear CM1000 modem with an ASUS AC68U router. After numerous speed tests, we never hit over 300 mbps. Upload speeds reach over 40 mbps which is perfect. Wondering what the issues are? QoS is off, Firewall is off, NAT acceleration is off, jumbo frame is off. I'm new to this and I'd like to learn a real resolution. 

Expert

Re: Xfinity Gigabit download speed only reaching 200 mbps

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

Modem: Netgear CM1000

Router: ASUS RT-AC68U

screenshot 2.png
Expert

@Dabearz15,

Looks like you have some poor signal levels. Your downstream is marginal/poor and your upstream is too high. This is typically because of a wiring configuration issues or old/substandard coax and or connectors. It could also be something completely beyond your control. You'll probably need a tech to sort it out.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Tip: If you need service, sign up for the Service Protection Plan (SPP). It's around $6 a month and you must keep it for at least 60 days after your service call. If you have SPP, you won't incur a service charge. You can sign up when you schedule an appointment.

Official Employee

Hello Dabearz15, I can check your signal levels and your equipment health on my end to see what could be causing this issue. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?