members

online now

discussions

XFINITY WiFi Hotspots Opened in the California Region

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

XFINITY WiFi Hotspots Opened in the California Region

Our hearts go out to those impacted by wildfires in California. To help residents and emergency personnel stay connected, Comcast has opened XFINITY WiFi hotspots to anyone who needs them in areas of the California Region impacted by the wildfires, including non-XFINITY Internet customers. XFINITY WiFi hotspots in these areas will stay open through Friday, October 13, 2017, at noon local time.

To access local XFINITY WiFi hotspots, users should:

• Visit xfinity.com/wifi for a map of XFINITY WiFi hotspots, which are located both indoors and outdoors.
  • Once at a hotspot, select "xfinitywifi" from the list of available networks, and then launch a browser.
  • XFINITY Internet customers can sign in using their username and password to be automatically connected at XFINITY WiFi hotspots in the future.
  • Non-XFINITY Internet subscribers should visit the "Not an XFINITY Internet Customer" section of the sign-in page to get started.
  • Non-customers will be able to renew their complimentary sessions every two hours through Friday, October 13, at noon.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Please post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: XFINITY WiFi Hotspots Opened in the California Region

I am currently evacuated from my home in Santa Rosa (Oakmont) due to the wildfires.  The wildfires are still burning in my area and there is little containment and so far no estimated date we can return.   I am a Comcast/Xfinity account holder.  I need to find a secure network to pay bills and transfer bank account money while I am evacuated.  I cannot transfer money or pay bills on an open public unsecured network.  Do you have any suggestions on what I can do?  I am currently in the Roseville CA area. 

New Poster

I understand that there is a difference between open unsecured "xfinity" and "XFINITY" that I can sign in with my xfinity password, but how do you tell the difference on your map and how can I find the "XFINITY" locations?  Or do I have this wrong?  Thank you.

New Poster

Please, does your company have a hotline for dealing with these California emergency issues?  The 800 number was not very much help, nor was a local xfinity storefront in Sacramento--I don't think they understand the situation.  I would so appreciate a prompt response, thank you.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation