members

online now

discussions

XB3 ethernet ports showing inaccurate data in admin tool

SOLVED
Highlighted
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

I have an XB3 modem/gateway (recent vintage, replaced by Comcast after the previous one had that EOL issue) - it seems to be working ok but I noticed something curious.

When I compare the back of the modem ethernet to the results from the Admin Tool (Hardware - Lan Ethernet) the stats don't match up.  When I look at the back of the modem, or run a speed test, I can tell a couple of the devices are connected at gigabit speed (solid green) on LAN ports 3 and 4. The other devices (ports 1 and 2) are connected at 100mb speed (solid amber) as they don't have gigabit ports. 

But when you look at the admin tool (see attached) you get wildly different results. Is something broken with the firmware or software of my router? I feel like I've had to reboot it manually more often since getting the replacement model. Wondering if this could be symptomatic. 

Similarly the "connected devices" doesn't match what's actually connected, although I figure there's some lag there.

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 9.18.14 AM.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 4
Solution
Due to some firmware glitches with newer FW, it will be incorrect for the time being. There should be nothing to worry about. Hopefully those fixes should be coming soon. Even one of the other glitches is that the FW doesn't make XB3 reset automatically after some FW download completes. A few other glitches such as system and event logs being blank, and etc.
3 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 4
Solution
Due to some firmware glitches with newer FW, it will be incorrect for the time being. There should be nothing to worry about. Hopefully those fixes should be coming soon. Even one of the other glitches is that the FW doesn't make XB3 reset automatically after some FW download completes. A few other glitches such as system and event logs being blank, and etc.
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4
Thanks. Seems like a pretty straightforward thing for them to test. Surprised this firmware got out there.

Any eta on fixes for these issues?
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 4 of 4
I agree with you there. I personally don't know when the fix is coming.