Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Wireless PCs only see other wireless PCs. Wired PCs see both.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 1

I have a home network with 4 Windows 10 Pro PCs connecting to an Arris TG1682G.  One is wired (plugged directly into the router's Ethernet port #1) and the rest connect wirelessly.  All connect to the router and internet just fine.  The problem is that even though my wired PC can see all networked devices my wirelessly connected PCs only see each other.  I'm sure this is a relatively recent thing as I have used networking and homegroups without issue for years up until the last few weeks.

I can't find anything in the router settings that isolates based on connection type.  Besides, what kind of setting would only block one way anyway?

I've always run the Comcast Norton Security Suite and, as I said, never had a problem.  But, just in case, I completely uninstalled it.  No change...

I've restarted the TG1682G.  I've powered it down (without the battery) and then powered it back up.  I've even reset it to factory defaults.  Nothing seems to have an effect on this -- the wired PC sees everybody and the wireless PCs only see each other.

Anybody have an idea what can cause this splendid isolation?

Thanks in advance,

Howard