Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

WiFi fails

Regular Visitor

WiFi fails

For the past three nights around this time I have lost WiFi service. I can not restart my router through app due to an error in YOUR systems! I have to physically unplug the router. If there is some kind of testing happening in the area shouldn’t customers be notified. And if not I want monetary compensation for these constant service interruptions. The app admits it’s the companies fault. So why am I still paying the full amount and not getting full service????
Problem Solver

Re: WiFi fails

We can't help you with your connection issues if you don't give us any information about your equipment, your systems, and what you've actually done to try and fix the issue.  Start here, then post the information requested in this post if you still need help. 

If you want monetary compensation or otherwise wish to formally lodge a grievance about the service, post in the Customer Service forum. 

"Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman
Regular Visitor

Re: WiFi fails

I said I have restarted my router by unplugging it every time I have lost my wifi.  I  I am still losing my wifi connection multiple times a day.  My device is  Voice and Data Modem Arris Group Inc.  I started my service in 2015.  Maybe my modem is outdated or has reached it's end of life.  I cannot tell because when I try to access that on the website you posted I receive an error page and it tells me it does not work and to try again later.  When I try to get the activity log, it tells me to sign in and when I do it says my username is incorrect which is impossible.  According to the app, thre are no service interruptions in my area.  So, I would just like to know why my service is lost continually.  I am doing my best but I am not a technican so if I keep getting error messages I do not know how to get that information.  I hope this more information will be helpful.