Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Where do I find IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, & DNS Server numbers?

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4 (8,461 Views)

Where do I find IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, & DNS Server numbers?

I just bought a Belkin N150 Wireless Router and to connect it to my Motorola Modem, it is asking for the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, DNS Server numbers.  Where do I find these?

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 4 (8,457 Views)

Re: Where do I find IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, & DNS Server number

Posted by
Edited on
‎09-30-2012 10:54 PM

Cable Expert

Message 3 of 4 (8,448 Views)

Re: Where do I find IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, & DNS Server number

[ Edited ]

Reasd's answer is wrong, the router needs to have the WAN side setup for DHCP, you do not need your IP, subnet, DNS and gateway settings to setup a router.

Set it up for DHCP and not a static IP.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 4 of 4 (4,991 Views)

I am having the same problem and apparently after being transferred 5 times and being on hold for over an hour comcast is telling me i have to pay for this information. Worst customer service ever I am looking into ATT so I can get away from comcast ignorance!