Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Web sites denied access

New Poster

Web sites denied access

I have logged into myxfinity, gateway xfinity, search through all related links to turn off parental control since is preventing me from opening up different websites. Parental controls are all off/disabled on both myexfinity and the gateway for all services. I also deleted all cookies and restored my computer to an earlier date; unfortunatly this was bad advice from a xfinity support help call. Bad advice because if I turn off wifi connection to the gateway comcast box, and open hot spots from my phone and using a different wifi account, the computer will connect to all websites. This is quite the pain, what can I do to fix this?

Regular Contributor

Re: Web sites denied access

spinnerfamily wrote:

using a different wifi account, the computer will connect to all websites. This is quite the pain, what can I do to fix this?

Seems you have the answer already.  Delete the account you want to use and re-add it.  Something went FUBAR with the permissions apparently.  You could always try re-classifying the account as a minor/restricted and then toggle it back to 18+.