Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Very slow upload speed in the evening

Regular Visitor

Very slow upload speed in the evening

Hey guys, i have a problem with my upload speed. i have a performance pro package with dl speed up to 150 and upload speed up to 5-6.

in the mornings, i get these speeds correctly but night time comes, the upload speed goes down to .70 to 1.5. its very slow.

this is really frustrating because a comcast technician came to fix it and he said i am getting the correct signal.

but as i said, in the morning everything is fine. only in the evenings are the problem. i do some work in the evening and 5-6mbps upload speed is ok for me. but i cannot work with.70 or 1mbps upload speed. i am charged $142.00/monthly for the package and this issue is affecting my work.

is someone here experiencing the same? i dont know what to do as ive tried everything from calling customer service to send signal, reboot my modem router and requesting a technician to fix it.

Expert

Re: Very slow upload speed in the evening

I'm going to try escalating your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. You should get a reply here in your topic.

Regular Visitor

Waiting for a response from comcast...

Screenshot
From 8pm til morning. Very slow.
20180507_200920.jpg
Official Employee

Hello Kitch5184. I can assist with troubleshooting your upload speed issues. I'd like to start with polling the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. I can also check your local Node/Plant for any degradation or error reports. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment.