Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Very slow speed. Weird experience when technician came out

New Poster

Very slow speed. Weird experience when technician came out

I recently moved from a 75 blast to the 150 internet speed with Comcast. I was only getting download speeds of about 15 with upload speeds around 23. I had contacted Comcast and they mentioned that was not correct for the speeds I should be getting and mentioned they would send out a tech.
Right around the scheduled time a tech shows up and checks my router. Directly connected he was pulling about 100 download speeds with the laptop which seemed great. I asked him why I was not getting those speeds while not directly connected (for example my smartphone) and he said it was only speeds up to 150...I asked him so why did I need to change from 75 to 150 and he told me to be honest I would have been fine with 75...and mentioned if I had a better router I would be able to get up to those speeds. After he left he cane back about 5 min later and this is where it got strange. He mentioned that he was not the tech on the job and that the actual tech was pulling up right now...he said I would be getting a call from Comcast and to not pick it up so it would look like I was not at home when they called. I did not pick up the phone since I saw the actual tech van was still sitting out in the culdesac
I decided to give Comcast a call after the fact and explained the situation which they mentioned was definitely not their practice. I have yet to hear back from anyone regarding the issue and I am still stuck with a very slow internet speed. I just tested the speed and the download is at 3.21 and upload at 2.78 so not sure what is going on and if this “tech” even helped out at all since I am not sure if he even worked for Comcast. Sorry for the book just tired of this and need a solution
Official Employee

Re: Very slow speed. Weird experience when technician came out

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation