Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Uploading Issues

New Poster

Uploading Issues

TL;DR: My uploads are inconsistent. Looking for a solution. Will a speed increase from 12mbps to 35mbps eliminate the issues? Or is it a problem with reliability of the signal? 

I have been having issues with uploading.  I upload sometimes 8-10GB of data at the same time during peak hours to the servers of a company I work with.  The uploads (which should take 1-2 hours total) get stuck. They do not fail because I do not get a notification that they have failed and the progress bars are still shown - they just stop moving. This will be hours after (usually the next morning) when I realize they haven't worked. 

I have mentioned this to the company I upload to. They have no reports of similar issues. However, I had a technician come out and there is nothing wrong with my connection, modem/router, or cables (coax and ethernet).

My current setup:

Comcast Xfinity Blast (residential) Roughly 250-300mbps down; 10-12mbps up (based on many speed tests at different times, although while uploading can reduce to around 3mbps up)

2017 Macbook Pro 15.4" 2.9GHz

macOS 10.13.4 

Safari

Google Chrome Version 66.0.3359.181

Modem/Router Model: CGM4140COM

Satechi USB C adapter to QacQoc USB C to Ethernet adapter

Ethernet cable to the CGM4140COM

Is 10-12mbps simply not enough for this amount of uploading at once? My goal is to drasitcally reduce or eliminate failed/stuck uploads. Is upgrading my Comcast service the only option? Will I notice much of a speed increase at 20 or 35 mbps up?

Basically, is it worth the extra money upgrading or is there something else I should try first? Are there any ways to get a faster upload to download speed ratio with my current package?  Over $100/month is a significant expense that I sam not sure is justifyable - especially since the most significant difference in the upgrade is the download speeds (from 250 to 700 or 1000 down vs 12 to 20 or 35 up).

Advice or additional troubleshooting steps is apreciated. I have been working on this for a month so far and hope to collect more information here. Thank you.