online now

discussions

USB on Arris TG852G/CT

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3 (2,273 Views)

USB on Arris TG852G/CT

Last week I had new Comcast internet service installed.  The modem that I am renting is the Arris TG852G/CT.  I was not home when it was installed so I did not have a chance to talk to the installer about the device nor can I locate anything on line about it.  From what I have been able to figure out it is a cable modem/ wireless router combined.

I'm curious if I can attach an external hard drive through the USB port on the back of the unit and then be able to access that drive through the wireless network.

Thanks!

LucasB

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 3 (2,271 Views)

Re: USB on Arris TG852G/CT

Comcast has the USB port on the gateway devices disabled, they will not function with a drive or other device like a USB printer.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 3 of 3 (2,237 Views)

Re: USB on Arris TG852G/CT

Not arguing with Jay because I am not familiar with that box, but, I had a modem that had a USB port that could be used for interhet access by devices devoid of the normal Ethernet and Wireless adapters.

Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program