Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Tips to optimize compatibility with dual-band gateways: MS Surface Book, Sonos, Sony PS4 & Vizio Smart TVs

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1 of 1

Microsoft Surface Book:

• If you have an XFINITY wireless gateway model Cisco DPC3941T and notice slower than expected WiFi speeds when using your Microsoft Surface Book, make sure you are connected to the 5GHz network signal broadcasted by your wireless gateway. This WiFi connection should give you a better experience than connecting via the 2.4GHz signal. For more info on dual-band WiFi capabilities, click here.

Sonos, Sony PlayStation 4, Vizio Smart TVs:

• If you have a dual-band wireless gateway from XFINITY and you're attempting to connect your Sonos speaker(s), Sony PS4 or Vizio Smart TV to WiFi, you will have to connect to the 2.4GHz network signal broadcasted by your wireless gateway. These wireless devices are unable to connect to a 5GHz network, so that option will not be available to you when connecting to your in-home WiFi. Again, for more info on dual-band WiFi capabilities, click here.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon

Community Icon

I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon

Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon