Terabyte Internet Data Usage

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: 1Terabyte Data limit

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: 1Terabyte Data limit

New Poster

Re: Cause of sudden increase in data usage is unknown.

With the increase in the availability of the 4k videos 1T will be spent so much quickly than in the past
New Poster

Re: Cause of sudden increase in data usage is unknown.

Exactly.  Usage patterns are going to keep going up with 4k, larger games, more streaming, and do you think Comcast will adjust thier caps appropriately as time goes on, or just push people towards more expensive plans with unlimited data?  Whats worse, is that all their plans used to be unlimited in my area, so this is just a re-shuffle in hopes that consumers will just take it (for lack of knowledge or other options).  They are playing a long game here, and will likely end up winning unless enough people leave.

I'm lucky that I have an unlimited option in my area that is priced competitively with Comcast.  I did my part and left Comcast last month, I hope enough of you do that same (if you even can) and vote with your wallets. 

New Poster

high data usage

This month (February 2018) our internet data usage suddenly went through the roof. We had used our 1Tb limit by the middle of the month and it was continuing to go up quickly. Xfinity was adding 50Gb blocks every day at $10 each. Calls to tech support were no help. I installed the xfi app on my mobile and was able to determine that my Windows10 PC was the culprit. I shut it down and the usage stopped. After a little research, I turned it back on and checked data usage in Settings->Network and Internet->Data Usage->View usage details. At the top of the list - well over 1400Gb was Amazon Drive which I have been using for a couple of years. Has anyone else run into this or can someone explain why Amazon Drive would suddenly start using massive amounts of internet data? In the meantime, I have terminated the Amazon Drive process.

Frequent Visitor

Re: high data usage

I did a little searching and found that Amazon has a developer forum for this, but when people post consumer questions there, they tell them to contact Amazon support.  Nonetheless right on the first page of that forum, I see someone complaining that his Amazon drive is uploading all his files over and over and consuming 300GB per day. 

New Poster

Thanks for the reply, Strega7. I tried to search a bit more and found a post regarding "stuck syncing" of Amazon Drive which sounds like the issue I am having. Is that the post to which you are referring?

Frequent Visitor

The one I found was titled: "Amazon Drive uploading 4 and 5 copies of all files" but it's probably the same underlying bug.  It's just a few posts below the one you found.

New Poster

Thanks...