Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Terabyte Internet Data Usage

New Poster

Suggestion for Data Cap Mitigation

Dear Comcast,

I bump up against your newly enforced 1TB data cap whenever I need to download data from the cloud to a new computer or upload data to a new cloud service (e.g., Microsoft OneDrive, Adobe Creative Coud, etc.).

On an average month, when I don't need to setup a new computer or cloud service, I use approximately 250GB of my 1TB allotment.

Please consider modifying your terms of service to allow for rollover data, like cell companies have with minutes (e.g., AT&T). Or, perhaps, consider refunding me each month for data that's not used (like Google's Project Fi). Or even consider refunding me when my download and upload speeds are nowhere near the advertised speeds I pay for. Adding any of these terms would make the 1TB cap seem more palatable and fair.

Thanks!

Service Expert
Moved:

SERVICE TERMINATION

New Poster

Re: Suggestion for Data Cap Mitigation

Do they cap cable TV viewing?  I mean it all comes down the same wire?  Why cap Internet but not cap cable TV?  Oh, they don't want you watching TV on the Internet when they also sell cable TV.  I get it.  Conflict of interest? 

Service Expert

Re: Suggestion for Data Cap Mitigation

elbo1 wrote:

Do they cap cable TV viewing?  I mean it all comes down the same wire?  Why cap Internet but not cap cable TV?  Oh, they don't want you watching TV on the Internet when they also sell cable TV.  I get it.  Conflict of interest? 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/data-usage-plan/

https://dataplan.xfinity.com/faq/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

excessive data consumption

why am I going thru so much data on my internet plan

New Poster

Re: Internet Usage Details

I have read where people are getting information that they are using large amounts of data daily.  The month just started at 12 midnight and from 12am to 7:30am my meter is already saying I have used 5GB for the day and no one was using a computer at this time, we were all alseep.  5GB is a lot.  I know this is not any total from the previous day because I was already over my useage amount and the meter was running for that and it said I was at 19GB over for the month.  The way this meter is running I will go over next month too.  How are you monitoring my internet usage?  Especially when people are asleep.  Streaming does not get this bad a rap when I use my Verizon phone to stream.  I only have 8GB for the month and never run out just surfing the web, but your telling my I am running out of a terabyte in less than a month.  No one is using the computer to stream that much we all have jobs.  Monday no one even got on the computer because we were carving pumpkins and went to bed right after that and the meter said over 20GB was used for the day?  We intentially tried not to use the internet to see if we would go over any way and we did.  What gives?  I am down another GB and I am typing this at work?  Something is wrong I am going to tell my wife to unplung the modem to see if we accumalute more usage while it is off.  I am sending you a picture of my current usage.

Tags (1)
Internet usage.jpg
Service Expert

zennon66 wrote:

I have read where people are getting information that they are using large amounts of data daily.  The month just started at 12 midnight and from 12am to 7:30am my meter is already saying I have used 5GB for the day and no one was using a computer at this time, we were all alseep.  5GB is a lot.  I know this is not any total from the previous day because I was already over my useage amount and the meter was running for that and it said I was at 19GB over for the month.  The way this meter is running I will go over next month too.  How are you monitoring my internet usage?  Especially when people are asleep.  Streaming does not get this bad a rap when I use my Verizon phone to stream.  I only have 8GB for the month and never run out just surfing the web, but your telling my I am running out of a terabyte in less than a month.  No one is using the computer to stream that much we all have jobs.  Monday no one even got on the computer because we were carving pumpkins and went to bed right after that and the meter said over 20GB was used for the day?  We intentially tried not to use the internet to see if we would go over any way and we did.  What gives?  I am down another GB and I am typing this at work?  Something is wrong I am going to tell my wife to unplung the modem to see if we accumalute more usage while it is off.  I am sending you a picture of my current usage.

the usage comes from the other DOCSIS modems, too. The use of the internet apps on X1 use the set top box's modem and the bytes count there for things like Netflix, youtube, Pandora, etc. the usage is posted from all your modems in at least 24 hours.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Data Usage

Hey there ccilch. No unfotunetly data is like your water or electrical bill. Whatever you've streamed, download, or whatever you can't delete it. Just think of it the same way you think of the water coming through your pipes or the electricity that you've used. However you can do things to curb your usage going forward b/c we our now slaves to this ridiculous data cap. Which we all know if just gonna stifle the growth of internet technology b/c people dont wanna go over their cap. You can pay them an extra $50 a month to have unlimited data or purchase their gig a bit speed. Which should tell you right there that these data caps are nothing but cash grabs. If bandwidth was so finite the everyone would be capped regardless of what package you pay for. 

New Poster

Re: Terabyte Internet Data Usage

Data usage scam!

I, too, was warned at the end of 10/17 that I was near the data cap. Usage had not changed, data usage likely down from previous month [but Comcast tool shows 4x usage!].  In [2] two days, I'm showing 53gb+ usage so far, no public access given, no malware [no windows!], no system upgrades or large amount of downloads in this 2 day period.

I believe this is corporate scam! I have experienced false charges from Banking industry, refunded once federal inspectors began review of practices. But, until the inspection, the bank has use of my money for free! I believe Comcast is raising charges that they KNOW are false, for this same "free" money from overcharges for this service.

An earlier poster mentioned "transparency", which Comcast will not give on these overages. Once someone federal gets involved, Comcast may offer a "rebate" of less than the fees they collect to appease the feds.

I'll start turning off my modem whenever not at home, monitor data count [bet it rise, even with the modem off!], dispute any possible overage vehemently [and widely].

Suggest you do the same!

Tags (1)
New Poster

Waited for "Live Chat" yesterday for more than 30 minutes, never got a connection.

Been waiting 15 minutes so far tonight.

Riddle me this;

How did I "use" 4gb of data with cable wire disconnected from modem for past 24hrs?

Tags (1)
New Poster

Better than 25 minutes waiting for Chat, no answer. Disconnecting Modem Cable now [after a restart].

...will post pics of data usage, this is ridiculous!

Tags (1)
New Poster

Pictures,

1 Download [700mb firewall image], 1 movie streamed, modem left idle and plugged in. Here's the trend;

Usage Meter 1: Network connected, no significant downloads [less than 300mb collective data downloaded].

Yet, this is what I'm charged as having used in the opening days of this month.

Usage Meter 2: Modem disconnected, but data charges grew 2gb on INACTIVE service!

Usage Meter 3: Streamed 1 movie, downloaded 700mb of data directly, left modem on - bu PC's inactive overnight.

Nearly 30GB charged with INACTIVE computers on active network.

COMCAST SUPPORT FAILS TO ANSWER ANY REQUEST FOR EXPLANATION!

Usage Meter 1.pngUsage Meter 2.pngUsage Meter 3.png

Service Expert

DuhDuhMan wrote:

Pictures,

1 Download [700mb firewall image], 1 movie streamed, modem left idle and plugged in. Here's the trend;

Usage Meter 1: Network connected, no significant downloads [less than 300mb collective data downloaded].

Yet, this is what I'm charged as having used in the opening days of this month.

Usage Meter 2: Modem disconnected, but data charges grew 2gb on INACTIVE service!

Usage Meter 3: Streamed 1 movie, downloaded 700mb of data directly, left modem on - bu PC's inactive overnight.

Nearly 30GB charged with INACTIVE computers on active network.

COMCAST SUPPORT FAILS TO ANSWER ANY REQUEST FOR EXPLANATION!

All X1 set top boxes can use internet apps like youtube and netfilx and pandora that all use the set top box DOCSIS modems not your modem.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

When the terabyte came out I was using 200 - 500 gb a month. The last few months I was closing in on 1 terabyte. Then I started going over. So I upgraded to unlimited. Now I'm back down to 500 gb a month. I've even increased my online presence, downloading things just because. Some up to 10 gb a download.

How is it possible that I can do more now that I've upgraded to unlimited, while using "apparently" less data then when I was metered?

Something is fishy in the state of Xfinity.

Service Expert

MrDuane wrote:

When the terabyte came out I was using 200 - 500 gb a month. The last few months I was closing in on 1 terabyte. Then I started going over. So I upgraded to unlimited. Now I'm back down to 500 gb a month. I've even increased my online presence, downloading things just because. Some up to 10 gb a download.

How is it possible that I can do more now that I've upgraded to unlimited, while using "apparently" less data then when I was metered?

Something is fishy in the state of Xfinity.

I discovered something in Win 10 today.  Check yours,

https://www.google.com/search?q=win+10+data+usage

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I have the same issue and COMCAST needs to give us an answer. This is causing anxiety. Here is how I know the meter is wrong.

I have a 2nd home. October 2017 bill said it consumed 1.2 TB of data. This is simply not possible. There is barely anyone in the house. We use netflix and connect to the internet only when we are there. How on earth can we go over 1TB. Last month it was only 200GB. Calling COMCAST for a solution.

Service Expert

cyberundercover wrote:

I have the same issue and COMCAST needs to give us an answer. This is causing anxiety. Here is how I know the meter is wrong.

I have a 2nd home. October 2017 bill said it consumed 1.2 TB of data. This is simply not possible. There is barely anyone in the house. We use netflix and connect to the internet only when we are there. How on earth can we go over 1TB. Last month it was only 200GB. Calling COMCAST for a solution.

You know Netflix counts toward the 1 TB limit, right? If you have an unlimited cell data service and watch Netflix on that device, the data would not count toward the 1 TB limit at all. You can tell which apps use your 'internet' bucket as the app has 'internet' under the icon.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

As a 2-year-and-running cord cutter, I've been a higher than average consumer of data for awhile now.  I appreciate the increased caps over the past year, but with these increases have also come increased throughput for the same streams.  My family consistently streams 6-8 hours a day watching cable-over-internet, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc; 6 months ago, we were nowhere near the caps, but over the past three months we have had to monitor usage closely because we are somehow consuming 30+ GB a day.  Since this is double what we were using a year ago, I was in disbelief so I bought a network monitor and sure enough - the same streams are now coming thru at twice the data rate 7+ Mbps.  This is on normal programming, much of which is not even HD.  I'm also monitoring consumption per device and per application (to try and figure out what the heck changed) - I have no data "leaks" or theft.

Since this is an apparent increase in the standard throughput, I propose a couple of solutions:

1.  BEST OPTION: This is a long term solution that can work under the current rates and caps... Allow an option to self-meter bandwidth. Not just on/off, but a throttle on data flow. If I could dial my throughput down to a 3 Mbps limit for normal everyday viewing, then open it up to 7+ when I really need it for a movie or the big game, that would do wonders for my average daily usage.  The reality is that I don't need the higher throughput for most programming, but my devices automatically draw the data at higher rates based on factors I can't control.

2.  Since HD is the standard (free OTA) and 4K is taking root, consumption rates can be expected to increase dramatically.  The "700 hrs" of HD viewing quoted in your advertising is simply not true - that would be over 10 hours a day on 2 devices.  Those of us with data monitors can easily see (and prove) that HD streams are currently consuming more than twice that much.  The caps could (and should) be raised to remain consistent with your worry-free streaming policies.  Anyone using internet to stream on 1-2 devices for 6-8 hours a day should not have to monitor data usage from week to week.

New Poster

Before I upgraded, shortly after the time I approached 1 terabyte, I downloaded several meters and all were giving me the same results. I was using 200 - 500 gb data a month. But xfinity's usage meter was telling me I was close, or over, the terabyte. As of today, now that I'm paying $50 a month extra for unlimited, I am just barely over 500gb and I am downloading way more than  when I was going over the cap. I've been downloading stuff just for the sake of downloading to try and get to the 1tb again. Even with this extra downloading I won't even break 700 gb.

I should also mention, the first time I went over, I significantly decreased my downloads, yet my data would show 100gb in a single day when I know for certain it wasn't even 1/4 of that. I know this for certain because I unplugged my cable and switched to the wifi hotspot, which doesn't count towards data usage. I even switched my phone and tablet to the hotspot and checked all my connections many times throughout the day to make sure they hadn't switched back. I did all major downloads this way and near the end of the day I reconnected my devices to my own connection and did about 10 or so gb in downloads and updates.

Silver Problem Solver

MrDuane wrote:

I unplugged my cable and switched to the wifi hotspot, which doesn't count towards data usage. I even switched my phone and tablet to the hotspot and checked all my connections many times throughout the day to make sure they hadn't switched back. I did all major downloads this way and near the end of the day I reconnected my devices to my own connection and did about 10 or so gb in downloads and updates.

Yeah, I have a Fire TV connected to xfinitywifi, I would guess that not many people know that it doesn't count towards data. I don't actually need to do that as I always manage to stay within the cap, just sayin'.

There always used to be a disclaimer on the meter, that actual usage may be delayed 24 hrs, also are you taking into account that the new month starts at UTC time, not local?

New Poster

Data Usage Details

My monthly data usage is almost at 1TB, but there is no function to see the data usage details so I can see what is eating up most of my data.  Does anyone know if a report exists that I can access that shows all the details of the data usage for a month?

Thanks..

Tags (3)
Service Expert

Re: Data Usage Details

mspegar wrote:

My monthly data usage is almost at 1TB, but there is no function to see the data usage details so I can see what is eating up most of my data.  Does anyone know if a report exists that I can access that shows all the details of the data usage for a month?

Thanks..

I have not seen one.  It's interesting that Win10 can display its usage, but that isn't much help with streaming, smartphone apps, etc.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Data Usage Out of Control

ATTENTION COMCAST USERS!!!

I live in a house with my husband and 1 child. We both work out of the home all day. COMCAST is registering us using 1,200 GB of DATA in ONE MONTH!!! They want $70 for overages.

THIS IS PHYSICALLY, VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE!!! absolutely absurd. I had a computer expert look into my hard drive, router and he confirmed we had not used even a fraction of the data COMCAST has registered on their "meter"

I called COMCAST for days trying to reach an individual who had knowlege to discuss this issue, and was unsuccessful. The only answer I got was "if you change your password or purchace plan from an internet security Company, it should help"

I've done my research, we would need to be streaming 400 hrs of videos per month to even come close to the data usage COMCAST is claiming!!

I am going to BBB and I will NOT stop until COMCAST is caught in this massive fraud!! People we need to stand up. A Consumer Reports article states 99% of Comcast cutomers couldnt come close to this usage and its YEARS away. I AM STANDING MY GROUND and you should too

Regular Visitor

THIS SAME THING HAPENED TO US!!!!!

COMCAST IS falsifying data usuage! The meter reading for our houshold of 3 read 200-400 forever and in Sept. 2017 it shot up to

1,200GB!!!! IMPOSSIBLE, ABSURD.

please report  to BB everyone

Service Expert

Do you have the X1 system?

The X1 My Account app displays usage.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/using-the-my-account-app/

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

paigefar wrote:

THIS SAME THING HAPENED TO US!!!!!

COMCAST IS falsifying data usuage! The meter reading for our houshold of 3 read 200-400 forever and in Sept. 2017 it shot up to

1,200GB!!!! IMPOSSIBLE, ABSURD.

please report  to BB everyone

hi, do you live in an apartment complex where you are close enough that others can use your wireless internet? Have you verified your modem's serial number is the same that is on your Xfinity My Account app? on the TV tab of the Xfinity my account app does the quantity and serial numbers match to the equipment shown?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Xi5 Box using up data

i have 3 xi5 boxes and i am paying for 1 gig of data and im going over every month 

i am now having to pay for unlimited data 

why should i have to pay extra for data that is used by the tv boxes that i am already paing for the tv service

Frequent Visitor

Overage Charges without Detailed Records Provided is A Questionable Business Practice.

Wireless Providers give min by min records to customers monthly. That way customers know exactly when overages took place. This gives customers a bit more confidence that any overages that has been billed has been implemented in a fair mannor. Bar charts are great for visual comparison however when we customers are being charged by the Gb bar charts are a poor choice for our records. Are we supposed to have faith in Comcast and their outstanding history of accurate billing practices??

I'm sorry but this only leads to growing lack of conumer confidence. I really suggest that you start producing monthly statements with highly detailed records of data usage much like wireless bills, utility bills, etc. 

If that is technically not fiesable then how is the practice of charging for overages fiesable? I'd rather Comcast take matters in to their own hands rather then having them forced into such practices.  

Service Expert
Moved:

Official Employee

Re: Xi5 Box using up data

Hello @christophdunn.

The Wireless TV Box acts as a wired box when utilizing standard TV Box features, such as Live Broadcast, Video on Demand, Pay Per View and Guide. Internet apps, such as Netflix, Pandora and YouTube, will continue to count toward your data usage.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Cause of sudden increase in data usage is unknown.

As soon as Portland got the data caps our internet went from avarge 500gb to the last 2 months (coincedently after the data caps started) to 1100 - 1200gb.  With no extra reason.  We don't have 4k tvs.  

Contributor

WiFi Public Hotspot usage and 1024 GB cap

If I use any public hot spot, (my own or someone elses)  using my xfinitity email address  does that count towards the 1024 GB  limit?    I thought I read that Hotspot usage did not count towards the cap,  but when I activiated my hotspot last month  the usage seemed to shoot up and I was close to the 1024 cap. 

New Poster

internet usage cap

Just had xfinity installed and am embarrassed to say that I had no idea there was a cap on internet usage of 1024 gb/month.  I had unlimited with former provider.  Have I made a huge mistake and should I cancel xfinity now?  Interested in feedback from other users.  Thank you

New Poster

Re: internet usage cap

The cap is a full 1TB per month.  What exactly are you thinking you might use.  In my home I run streaming video on many mobile devices like TVs, Rokus, etc and have never hit more than 300 - 400gb /Month.  If you are hitting 1TB I think you may want to evaluate your internet usage. 

New Poster

Re: internet usage cap

Perhaps you streamed a lot of movies and most especially games etc. We recently just got xfinity and one thing we learned do not download games especially the one that takes a lot of space using your in home network, used xfinitywifi each time instead. Also we have friends over a lot to play games etc last month that played a big factor too
Regular Contributor

Re: WiFi Public Hotspot usage and 1024 GB cap

captbly wrote:

If I use any public hot spot, (my own or someone elses)  using my xfinitity email address  does that count towards the 1024 GB  limit?    I thought I read that Hotspot usage did not count towards the cap,  but when I activiated my hotspot last month  the usage seemed to shoot up and I was close to the 1024 cap. 

It's not supposed to, but be aware if you are watching cloud DVR recordings it does count towards your limit.

Service Expert

Re: WiFi Public Hotspot usage and 1024 GB cap

lewisr13 wrote:

captbly wrote:

It's not supposed to, but be aware if you are watching cloud DVR recordings it does count towards your limit.

if the app is giving you the ability to watch live linear (numbered) TV channels then watching live/recordings,/on-demand do not count toward your 1TB bucket limit. Watching TVgo does count IF you are on your Xfinity internet. If you are on (example) a hotel wifi and your wifi is free Xfinity does not charge you for the streaming.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I am having the same problem. We have had Comcast for at least eight years and only began to experience a problem in October. Think of leaving Comcast all together
Service Expert

Loyal1 wrote:
I am having the same problem. We have had Comcast for at least eight years and only began to experience a problem in October. Think of leaving Comcast all together

are you using the Netflix app a lot on your X1 connected TVs? that and youtube etc use bytes that count towarrd your cap.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Re: 2 Courtesy months to go over 1TB limit is only 2 50gb chunks?

So I just went over 1TB for the very first time, and checked my account now that I am at about 1,275GB used for December. I also noticed that it said my account was being billed $50 in overages. I contacted support chat, who I am online with RIGHT NOW, and they are telling me that the overage is only 250GB per courtesy, so the courtesy equals a total of 500GB and that's it.

This goes in direct contrast to what the website says as of right now: "We're offering you two courtesy months, so you will not be billed the first two times you exceed a terabyte, while you are getting used to the Terabyte Internet Data Usage Plan. This means that the first two months you exceed a terabyte you will not be charged for overages, no matter how much you use during those months. You will only be subject to overage charges if you use more than a terabyte for a third time in a 12-month period."

Needless to say, I'm very upset. Here's some images of my current live chat session where they're telling me something completely different

Pic 1.pngPic 2.pngPic 3.png

Service Expert

Re: 2 Courtesy months to go over 1TB limit is only 2 50gb chunks?

@nextmove did you read to the end of the article?

If the particular month was a courtesy month, a usage charge that amounts to $10 for every 50 GB of data you were provided will be included in the XFINITY Internet section of your bill, but you also will see a courtesy credit for the same amount on that bill.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

Rustyben wrote:

Loyal1 wrote:

are you using the Netflix app a lot on your X1 connected TVs? that and youtube etc use bytes that count towarrd your cap.

Rusty,

I assume watching Netflix 4K would use more data than standard Netflix?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Data overages not correct, Comcast scam?

I am showing that I have used almost 1200 GB this month already.  This is 4 times the amount we use the last month and our internet usage has not changed.  I keep calling and they say the same thing that we have two free months of going over our data limit but that doesn't change the fact that the data usage is not correct this month.  It is showing that we are using data even when all of our machines are off.  Something is wrong with the data usage system and I am very frustrated.  It looks like we may have to cancel our service with Comcast if this is not resolved.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Data overages not correct, Comcast scam?

Have you thought of using a router that shows usage per machine?  Also do you have your wireless locked down?

New Poster

Re: Data overages not correct, Comcast scam?

RealDataUsageCapture.PNG 

My sophos firewall traffic report from 12/1/17 until 12/27/17 shows 195GB going from Lan to Wan. Comcast website says 928GB used. That's over 4x the amount that my firewall reports went out this month. My account has been tracking 100-200GB like normal until November. For the month of November, Comcast reported 650GB however,  my firewall accurately reported 196GB. I have submitted a ticket - I have called back twice with poor results. It's slightly insulting when tech support asks me to change my wifi wpa password. Do they not know my firewall tracks ALL Lan to Wan data usage. Furthermore, my Ubiquity Unifi AC access points are able to track wireless data usage down to the device. Nobody is stealing my wifi. It seems tech support doesn't understand. I don't think Tier1, Tier2 support at Comcast realize that good firewalls can track real actual data usage down to the device. There is a serious bug with their data usage tracking. 

Are they counting amazon prime traffic 4x or directvnow streams 4x? Or is their system not tracking the right mac address of the modem? I use my own modem.

Contributor

Data Usage Disparity

According to Comcast, I have used 981 GB for the month of December.
https://snag.gy/bNMkRK.jpg
According to my router, I have used 409 GB in the past 30 days.
https://snag.gy/lMsLoK.jpg
What accounts for the disparity? Which is correct?

Service Expert

Re: Data Usage Disparity

Do you have the X1 system or any other application that does not go through your router but does use the Comcast network?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Nope

Official Employee

sugargenius, I would say that the Comcast measured usage is correct since that is the usage you would be billed on. If you'd like to dispute your usage, please reach out to the Customer Security Assurance team here: 1-877-807-6581.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

how to get daily usage report

I dont like it but what what can you do?  I thing Xfinity should give us daily usage reports as they have now chosen to bind our hands and feet with limits on usage that imo are designed to minimize streaming as cheaper 3rd party players are offerring lower cost tv options.  Not knowing daily how much data I am using is unnerving.  Thought I could check beginning of day and look at end of day numbers but next morning the end of day number appears to have grown more overnight.  I need to compare so i can maximize my viewing before running into the wall.   First I knew about all this was the 90 percent warning notice...Thanks at least for that Xfinity people.