Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Terabyte Internet Data Usage

New Poster

Re: Terabyte Internet Data Usage

I want to know how I have used double the amount of data this month than I did last month and have now gone over on the 1tb??? Nothing has changed on the usage and no one else is on my network. This happened a few month ago also for 2 months so I no longer have the free months. Kinda funny how we went over those 2 months and then the next month only used half of that without changing any habits. then been going a few months at about 600 gb a month and now we are back to going over the 1024gb again. And again without making any changes to the usage of our daily internet habits.  If you want me to pay for an overage I want a DETAILED bill showing me where the usage is taking place and when.

Service Expert

Re: data usage

surpie2 wrote:

The data usage in September 17 has skyrocketed for no apparent reason. My activity has not changed. I wonder if it is an error. I await your reply.

change your wifi password and tell no one while working out the problem. Did usage stop spiking? if not, what devices are hard wired (keep in mind some like a printer may be hooked up via ethernet and still uses internet and can be 'attacked' (DDoS) that uses much data. If usage stays low, normal add back your IoT (internet of things devices like amazon echo, Dot, etc. Check usage. Then add back your smart devices (not laptops/desktops that use wifi). If usage is still low/back to normal, then add back the wirelss PC devices one at a time monitoring the usage. If you find that one is using lots of data, verify that you have updated the free Norton Anti-virius software (from Comcast) and run a full scan using Norton. DDoS malware can be hosting bots or worse that attack other users using your internet connection and data.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

MxHx wrote:

I want to know how I have used double the amount of data this month than I did last month and have now gone over on the 1tb??? Nothing has changed on the usage and no one else is on my network. This happened a few month ago also for 2 months so I no longer have the free months. Kinda funny how we went over those 2 months and then the next month only used half of that without changing any habits. then been going a few months at about 600 gb a month and now we are back to going over the 1024gb again. And again without making any changes to the usage of our daily internet habits.  If you want me to pay for an overage I want a DETAILED bill showing me where the usage is taking place and when.

if you are still in the current month you can signup for unlimited for this month during the same month. The only detail you can get is to monitor your usage daily on your smart device Xfinity My Account app using the internet tab. see the link above your post for troubleshooting methods.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

:Your answer is that Comcast is crooked and running a scam. They are trying to extract more and as many $$$$ from each and every customer. There are hundreds and possible thousands of us that are experiencing the same identical thing. Good luck at a solution. I'm like you, I will not pay them for something I am not using. We all want a detailed description of the data usage. Such a bogus organization. 

Cable Expert

To follow up @Rustyben's suggestions -- A good way to test the usage meter is to schedule a period of "digital silence". Power your network equipment completely off and monitor the usage meter. If the meter still shows usage, then there is a problem outside of your control. If it shows no usage, then you can concentrate on resolving the issue on your network.

If you see a large discrepancy between your estimated usage and the Comcast meter:

1) Make sure to run a virus scan and a malware/adware scan on all of your computers. These types of programs can run in the background and even turn your computers into zombie machines.

2) Secure your WI-Fi network! Make sure your neighbor isn't leaching off of your account and consuming your data. If you need help with this, the folks in the networking forum would be happy to help you.

3) Contact Comcast's Customer Security Assurance Team: 1-888-565-4329, 6:00am - 2:00am EST, 7 days a week. They may able to help you figure out why your usage is not what you expect. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

dpittman wrote:

:Your answer is that Comcast is crooked and running a scam. They are trying to extract more and as many $$$$ from each and every customer. There are hundreds and possible thousands of us that are experiencing the same identical thing. Good luck at a solution. I'm like you, I will not pay them for something I am not using. We all want a detailed description of the data usage. Such a bogus organization. 

Hi, did you try any of the suggestions to end whatever is using the data?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

internet speed and data usage

I have the $66 /month plan. Max download 25.  Is there a way I can view a utilization report for max download and bytes per month. As far as I can tell I don't have a limit on the bytes/month like AT&T does but I'd like to know what my usage is

Frequent Visitor

MxHx wrote:

I would suggest you use this contact method to voice your disappointment and concern.  It should get you better results / answers than this forum. I have sent in my complaint for not having access to the details of my usage in via this screen and recieved an auto email stating someone would contact me within one business day (we'll see if that happens).  Maybe if enough people would use this we could get some attention to the actual issue.

https://support.xfinity.com/svp-contact-form

Frequent Visitor

nerdburg wrote:

To follow up @Rustyben's suggestions -- A good way to test the usage meter is to schedule a period of "digital silence". Power your network equipment completely off and monitor the usage meter. If the meter still shows usage, then there is a problem outside of your control. If it shows no usage, then you can concentrate on resolving the issue on your network.

If you see a large discrepancy between your estimated usage and the Comcast meter:

1) Make sure to run a virus scan and a malware/adware scan on all of your computers. These types of programs can run in the background and even turn your computers into zombie machines.

2) Secure your WI-Fi network! Make sure your neighbor isn't leaching off of your account and consuming your data. If you need help with this, the folks in the networking forum would be happy to help you.

3) Contact Comcast's Customer Security Assurance Team: 1-888-565-4329, 6:00am - 2:00am EST, 7 days a week. They may able to help you figure out why your usage is not what you expect. 

These are all valid things to do that most of us have done already.  The problem with a period of 'digital silence' with the Comcast Usage Meter is that the usage meter is not real time and I have spent days trying to figure out when it is updated and what period of time is included in that update.  Therefore, the 'digital silence' would have to be for days and not hours since there is no rhyme or reason around when the usage meter updates - and none of us can devote days to no internet usage.  That is why we are ALL requesting a usage meter that shows details (dates, times, and IP addresses).

Service Expert

amaasing wrote:

nerdburg wrote:

These are all valid things to do that most of us have done already.  The problem with a period of 'digital silence' with the Comcast Usage Meter is that the usage meter is not real time and I have spent days trying to figure out when it is updated and what period of time is included in that update.  Therefore, the 'digital silence' would have to be for days and not hours since there is no rhyme or reason around when the usage meter updates - and none of us can devote days to no internet usage.  That is why we are ALL requesting a usage meter that shows details (dates, times, and IP addresses).

I wish they would revert the comcast usage page to the previous version that showed each modem's (DOCSIS) usage so you could see the charged traffic on your internet gateway as well as each Set Top Device that has a modem. 

I talked to the security department this week and they can no longer see any breakdown either. They can (upon a call from a customer) determine if someone has 'cloned' your gateway and is using your data for free but that's all they can see. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

...U exactly right. I am running gateway in bridge mode, NO DHCP, NO WiFi, NO Hotspot, at least according to the c-cast. For long time I've noticed excessive data being used. I've installed linux monitoring console to see for myself traffic going to the gateway. Today alone - new month, less than 24 hours already 3 GB according to the c-cast and only 0.68 GB on the console. Basic package here 2 meg up, 10 down. so where is Gigabytes of data coming from? C-cast provided me with all kind of BS run-arounds, but still ...

Service Expert

olegtf wrote:

...U exactly right. I am running gateway in bridge mode, NO DHCP, NO WiFi, NO Hotspot, at least according to the c-cast. For long time I've noticed excessive data being used. I've installed linux monitoring console to see for myself traffic going to the gateway. Today alone - new month, less than 24 hours already 3 GB according to the c-cast and only 0.68 GB on the console. Basic package here 2 meg up, 10 down. so where is Gigabytes of data coming from? C-cast provided me with all kind of BS run-arounds, but still ...

I am trying to understand to help but if you have it in bridge does that mean that the device itself has wifi (that bridge mode turns off)? The DOCSIS modems in the DVR, XG2, rng150 all have their own DOCSIS modem that use internet for the apps like youtube, netflix, watchable, etc. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

there is nothing to understand. 3939 in bridge mode, router, and 5 computers with static IPs, no game consoles, no smart TV's nothing of the such. Router running monitoring console to monitor traffic per each IP and total for WAN connection. Total for WAN about 0.82 G right now and c-cast meter already at 4... BTW bridge mode does not turn off radio, as I found out, MACs and signals are present, no SSIDs, and signal levels turned down, not OFF

Service Expert

olegtf wrote:

there is nothing to understand. 3939 in bridge mode, router, and 5 computers with static IPs, no game consoles, no smart TV's nothing of the such. Router running monitoring console to monitor traffic per each IP and total for WAN connection. Total for WAN about 0.82 G right now and c-cast meter already at 4... BTW bridge mode does not turn off radio, as I found out, MACs and signals are present, no SSIDs, and signal levels turned down, not OFF

no printer? Also, the usage meter is not real time it is delayed by some time (say 2-6 hours) between updates or so. Could it be usage from yesterday just hitting the account today? There was a thread about an HP printer being used by a DDoS attack to attack another IP using a DNS reflection attack. I have an HP and no one has done that to me yet and don't know if HP has a fix for it either. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwidhbONzNDW...

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

No printers, no "smart things" 5 computers running telnet consoles to gather data from remote sensors and creating text files, once in a while me chatting on x-finity forum... Its about it here. even with delays telnet simply unable to create such traffic - just impossible.

In fact average data usage according to c-cast before we're forced to replace good old DCM425C per month was 6-7 Gig, constant and stable like a rock for number of years. In November of 2015 our service to DOCSIS 2.0 was killed and from 2nd to 23rd of November we had no service at all. As soon as 3939 went on line data usage skyrocketed to 44 Gig for ONE! week, after that we steadily hitting ~200G every month with no changes here. Trust me any stretch of imagination can not explain 30+ times incerease in data usage on average, per month. No way.

Service Expert

olegtf wrote:

No printers, no "smart things" 5 computers running telnet consoles to gather data from remote sensors and creating text files, once in a while me chatting on x-finity forum... Its about it here. even with delays telnet simply unable to create such traffic - just impossible.

In fact average data usage according to c-cast before we're forced to replace good old DCM425C per month was 6-7 Gig, constant and stable like a rock for number of years. In November of 2015 our service to DOCSIS 2.0 was killed and from 2nd to 23rd of November we had no service at all. As soon as 3939 went on line data usage skyrocketed to 44 Gig for ONE! week, after that we steadily hitting ~200G every month with no changes here. Trust me any stretch of imagination can not explain 30+ times incerease in data usage on average, per month. No way. 

have you tried making the modem like a toaster.. power it off for a few days except for the time you must have it on (use cell data for smart devices etc). take a reading before and after.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

I understand where you coming from. Unfortunately, we are living in cradle of capitalism - US of A. In a nutshell it can be explained as simple as - one party provides goods or services in exchange for the monies, which is quantified labor in itself. I am customer for many years in the very good standing, timely payments, no overages etc. thus I would expect c-cast to do their job they being PREPAID, every month and provide quality service. I already did troubleshooting of THEIR transmission lines, equipment issues etc. Belive me since I got 3939 here, two - three calls per month to useless customer service is my routine. Don't you think its kind of funny, that I have to deprive myself of service I am paying for, just to proof what? I already know that something or someone leeching on the service. Since there are no WiFi devices, no any other (smart) devices connected to the internet in the house in existence, (period) its obviously c-cast problem, I do understand, that they get paid to deal with any issue within alloted time frame of few minutes and kick you to the curb regardless of positive or negative resolution. But problem remain, and as far as I understand I am not the only one, but one of the few who actually noticed, understands and has ability to properly present data to prove the point, even if it didn't do me any good. I was very opposing being kicked off DOCSIS 2 device. It fulfilled my needs - 38 MEG was almost 4 times more than i am getting, and despite promise to maintain backwards compatibility c-cast killed service to old devices. Now I have DOCSIS 3 - 3939 and it is the most horrible thing I saw in a long time. Right now I am awaiting holiday sale at verizon, I know they are not much better, but at least 50 up 50 down for the same amount of monies will be improvement regardless how you look at it.

Frequent Visitor

olegtf wrote:

I have been battling this type of situation as well.  I found this link (https://support.xfinity.com/svp-contact-form) and filled out my complaint and have had numerous emails from them regarding my complaint.  The information goes to the office of Tom Karinshak - Executive VP of Customer Service and they have been very attentive to what I have said.  They are not dismissive or attempt to insist that I don't know what I am talking about (which is nice).  Maybe if enough of us send in our complaints / concerns something just might change.  It's worth a try.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Data Usage on my Xfinity account inaccurate

MrJB wrote:

I'm logging ALL IP traffic going through the WAN in my home and am much more confident in my metrics than Comcast's. Yes, Netflix and youtube, hulu etc does go through my router because it is only accessed on devices that connect via my internal network; the Xfinity set top boxed are ONLY used for viewing cable service content, if large data transfers are occuring between the set top boxes and Comcast on an underlying network layer that my equipment can't monitor it best not be used against the data cap they are imposing; pretty sure that would be considered fraud. 

I found this link (https://support.xfinity.com/svp-contact-form) and filled out my complaint and have had numerous emails from them regarding my complaint.  The information goes to the office of Tom Karinshak - Executive VP of Customer Service.  They are not dismissive or attempt to insist that I don't know what I am talking about (which is nice).  Maybe if enough of us send in our complaints / concerns to that office something just might change.  It's worth a try.

Cable Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Frequent Visitor

I've submitted my feedback from that link, see if that helps.

just as an update, I reset all my equipment tracking the evening of September 30th; as of this post I'm just under 20GB of data usage for October, which based on historical data comes in about right at my estimated 5GB household average per day; Xfinity shows my modem at over 98GB so far. They are off by a factor of 8.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

So got a reply stating that the problem has to be someone broke into my router and is downloading all that extra data; seriously, if that was the case, which is not, I've checked, my router's metric would align with the Xfinity usage meter.  

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: I just hit the 300GB limit without doing much

@dpittman, I saw the same issue. Usage was totally normal through June and then has been over every month since, growing exponentially. It is currently October 4th, and they are telling us we're already over the limit, even though my wife and I both work full time and are barely home. Of course customer service can provide no further insights or details as far as what or when this is supposedlly spiking.

New Poster

I have also seen teh last 2 months me getting pushed way over my limit.  I have done the anti-virus/malware thing.  I have apple airport extremes, I have tried changing the password.   I am now alreadt over 500GB for October.   I usually end the month before this started happening at about 600-800GB a month.  Now its aorund 1.5GB a month.......Something is going on on the comcast meter or with some DDOS or something that is causing our numbers to be so high so quickly.  To top it all of 1TB really isnt' enough in the 4k era.

Service Expert

deadsoulz wrote:

I have also seen teh last 2 months me getting pushed way over my limit.  I have done the anti-virus/malware thing.  I have apple airport extremes, I have tried changing the password.   I am now alreadt over 500GB for October.   I usually end the month before this started happening at about 600-800GB a month.  Now its aorund 1.5GB a month.......Something is going on on the comcast meter or with some DDOS or something that is causing our numbers to be so high so quickly.  To top it all of 1TB really isnt' enough in the 4k era.

call 800-comcast and select billing for data options that include unlimited service.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Well, you can remove as many posts as you like, it will never change the fact of horrible service. But I am here to gloat, verizon gives away 50/50 for 39.99. Say Good Bye to another customer of 12+ years... So far in the neighborhood (within WiFi reach) only two c-cast MACs left, everybody else (approx three dozen houses) switched to FiOS or cell modems from Verizon in the last year or so... way to go Mr. kornishak or what ever your real face is...

Frequent Visitor

Had FIOS 100/100 service as of last year, service was solid once I bridged their provided access point with my own equipment. Had to move and unfortunately they are still a few months away from getting the fibre in place in my new neighborhood. So stuck suffering with an inferior ISP till then.

Frequent Visitor

So in the latest update; Comcast is stating that my modem wasn't properly added to their meter till late August and that's why there is a discrepency. Still they claim no way to do any sort of realtime tracking or monitoring of traffic and have no way to provide details on the aggregate data that is being counted. 

I contacted NetForcaster since Comcast is claiming to use their technology claim they audit the meter. NetForcaster replied promptly agreeing the discrepency is suspcious and they audit the meters by installing their own router on volunteer connections and compare the stats with what Comcast meter says (Sounds very much like what I'm doing and most of the other tech literate xfinity customers are doing); I'm going to work with them to see if I can volunteer for an audit. 

Tags (1)
New Poster

crazy high data

I am using a crazy high data sep 2280gb Aug 3906 july 4086

Mobile devises are  ipad pro, iphone7+ another iphone4, computer dell studio xps, windows 7 

on the computer have icloud for photo storage

I hardly use the computer, but do have large amount of photos in icloud, about 25,000, I do digital photography mostly on the ipad using apps

so my question is....is icloud using a lot of data and how can I figure out what is using so much data, like being able to pin point the source

Im not computer savage as far as the inside guts(data) work, 

can anyone help point me in the right direction, 

Thank you

Nerd

Contributor

UPD. As of this moment - 10.10.17 c-cast data usage is 114Gig, my monitor console shows 3.92 total traffic up and down.

New Poster

Data Cap

Hi,

Is Comcast/Xfinity having any unlimited data for using high speed internet. Data cap should be limited to slow internet speeds. 

For speeds offering 75mbps, 100mbps, and above should not have data caps and have unlimited data access.

The faster the speeds the higher data is being used specially for high resolution movies. This is why I am  holding up going to higher speed is the data cap.

No matter 3, 5, 25 up to Gbps if these is a cap its not worth it, I'll just settle for the slower speeds that I would not exceed my cap.

Thanks,

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

It would appear that given the number of people who are experiencing this "sudden problem" that Comcast is indeed doing it's dead level best to extract another $50 per month from it's customers so they can have "unlimited data" usage. Well, I've not giving them another cent. There charges are already outrageous. They are crooks. You just don't go from an average of about 50GB per month to over 1TB a month in data usage. Possible? Yes. Probable? No. There isn't any other way of saying it. Very crooked company. Now, on another issue, they are requiring me to enter a 6 digit code sent as a text message before they will allow me to access my account in an attempt to force me to go to paperless billing and automatic bill payment each month. Neither is something I want or will do. How crooked can one company be? 

Frequent Visitor

This Data overage also started the last couple of months for me. Normally I would only use about half of my data plan for the month, now it seems for the last 2 months I am danger of going over the cap. So last month I tested it. When my data reached 950g with 5 days left. I completed disconnected my cable modem from the line. No internet no wifi no modem. Connection is dead silence. Used my phone and tethered it to my PC for my internet and watched the data usage for the next 3 days. My Comcast Data Usage averaged about 10g per day for the next 3 days even though my Modem was disconnected. My modem itself in the Data Usage page showed no increase in data usage, but the data usage summary kept going up, till it finaly went over the 1tb cap and then they charged you the addtitonal. Comcast will not give me a answer why my modem on the data usage page is way lower in data usage then the data usage summary on the same page. I think the modem usage is correct but the data usage summary is not correct and its the Data usage summary is what they used to charge you if you go over.

Is it possible that for those of us that have the TV+Internet bundle, that comcast is adding the TV Data Usage and the Internet Data Usage together? That would make sense to me since the data usage for the cable modem does not match what the data usage summary says. If the Data Usage summary includes Internet Data usage and TV Data usage then it would make sense. If thats the case and this is not a mistake on Comcast part, they need to tell us that Bundled plans will use the same data usage policy.

Service Expert

Drakster wrote:

This Data overage also started the last couple of months for me. Normally I would only use about half of my data plan for the month, now it seems for the last 2 months I am danger of going over the cap. So last month I tested it. When my data reached 950g with 5 days left. I completed disconnected my cable modem from the line. No internet no wifi no modem. Connection is dead silence. Used my phone and tethered it to my PC for my internet and watched the data usage for the next 3 days. My Comcast Data Usage averaged about 10g per day for the next 3 days even though my Modem was disconnected. My modem itself in the Data Usage page showed no increase in data usage, but the data usage summary kept going up, till it finaly went over the 1tb cap and then they charged you the addtitonal. Comcast will not give me a answer why my modem on the data usage page is way lower in data usage then the data usage summary on the same page. I think the modem usage is correct but the data usage summary is not correct and its the Data usage summary is what they used to charge you if you go over.

Is it possible that for those of us that have the TV+Internet bundle, that comcast is adding the TV Data Usage and the Internet Data Usage together? That would make sense to me since the data usage for the cable modem does not match what the data usage summary says. If the Data Usage summary includes Internet Data usage and TV Data usage then it would make sense. If thats the case and this is not a mistake on Comcast part, they need to tell us that Bundled plans will use the same data usage policy.

the test you did only handled your DOCSIS data modem but did not cut off the Xg1 (DVR) nor XG2 (HD) nor RNG150(if any) devices that have their own DOCSIS modem.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

Drakster wrote:

the test you did only handled your DOCSIS data modem but did not cut off the Xg1 (DVR) nor XG2 (HD) nor RNG150(if any) devices that have their own DOCSIS modem.

So are you saying that Comcast is adding the data usage from the Xg1 and XG2 and adding it to my Internet data usage? The Xg1 is not connected to my wireless router.

Service Expert

Drakster wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Drakster wrote:

So are you saying that Comcast is adding the data usage from the Xg1 and XG2 and adding it to my Internet data usage? The Xg1 is not connected to my wireless router.

when an app is used on the x1 equipment it uses internet data via the X1 devices (for example Netflix, Youtube, pandora, etc). Comcast apps like account manager do not count toward usage.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

Drakster wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Drakster wrote:

when an app is used on the x1 equipment it uses internet data via the X1 devices (for example Netflix, Youtube, pandora, etc). Comcast apps like account manager do not count toward usage.

Yes I know that. I am not using a app, if I watch youtube I watch it on my PC. The DVR for the comcast tv does have netflix, but the DVR is not connected to my internet. There is extra data usage that is not tied to my internet router, so they must be using the TV data usage from the comcat tv service and adding that data usage to my internet data usage. Its only way all this extra data usage makes sense.

Gold Problem Solver

Drakster wrote: ... the DVR is not connected to my internet. ...

It doesn't need to be. Most X1 boxes have their own built-in modems for Internet access. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-internet-data-usage-details/.

Service Expert

adding... now the internet apps say 'internet' in a badge under the icon's Name.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

adding... now the internet apps say 'internet' in a badge under the icon's Name.

Ya I see that now. So if they are using my internet for netflix on the DVR, then I guess I should de-bundle my Internet and TV so that I have seperate data caps.

Service Expert

Drakster wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Ya I see that now. So if they are using my internet for netflix on the DVR, then I guess I should de-bundle my Internet and TV so that I have seperate data caps.

the DVR app for Netflix (for example) just uses your internet bucket of data, no differently than if you watched Netflix using your smart TV or a blu-ray DVD app. The TV is just another device using the internet for non cable provided entertainment. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Service disconnected on October 16th.Service disconnected on October 16th.Change from DOCSIS 2->3Change from DOCSIS 2->3

New Poster

Having a 1TB data cap for Gigabit customers is ridiculous and insulting to your loyal customers!

I cannot believe that upgrading to your Gigabit service STILL keeps the same lame 1TB cap. That is not only ridiculous but a slap on the face to a loyal customer.

At the very least it should be double or triple that.

Google is very close to my city now and you bet I will drop your service as soon as it happens. I mean 1000 up and 1000 down plus no data caps...what is there to keep me with you?

So if you want to keep a loyal customer, increase the data cap before its too late. Reacting AFTER google is around wont cut it.

Regards

Regular Visitor

What's the Data Cap for Monthly Use on Blast Tier?

Hi, I have bee trying to find whta the monthly data cap is for Blast Tier in the State of Massachussets. When I check my usage on the data meter I see that the scale goes up to 250 GB's for the month. If this is the monthly limit for me, what happens, should I go over the cap? Thanks in advance

Problem Solver

Re: What's the Data Cap for Monthly Use on Blast Tier?

According to:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/data-usage-find-area/

The state of Massachusetts has no data limit.
Service Expert
Moved:

Re: Having a 1TB data cap for Gigabit customers is ridiculous and insulting to your loyal customers!

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filter]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here.

New Poster

Data Plan

How can I find out what is using most of my data

Service Expert

Re: Data Plan

CharBurke7 wrote:

How can I find out what is using most of my data

I haven't found a reliable accurate way.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Re: Data Plan

I was reading through this thread, and still reading more.
But it sounds like multiple people are having this issue the last couple months.

My data limits have hit and gone over the 1TB cap and I seriously do not get it. We stream quite a but but not enough to make us go 250GB over.
I have checked all my connected devices and there are no leachers attached. Maybe I am missing something with streaming but I have put in crazy numbers into Comcasts data calculator and I just don't see how I am getting to 1TB almost every single month. The summer months I would get it maybe, my son was playing games for hours, tons of movies, but we never went over. Now that everyone is back to work and shool we have been way over the past two months. Our usage is down, how??

I have the pro account if that makes a difference?

New Poster

Data Usage

I received a notice that I have used all my Data Usage and will now be charged an extra amount for further usage.  Is there a way that I can Delete some of the Usage...?  If so, Will you walk me through the 'way to do this'...?  Thank you for your time, Chris Cilch