discussions

Terabyte Internet Data Usage

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity shows higher data usage

Any call from Comcast yet??

Frequent Visitor

Seriously ?? You think they (Comcast) actually cared about my data problem ?? Ha,Ha. All I ever got back from them was that their equipment was operating properly, and the data usage they were showing was correct. I ended up changing out my modem with them 2 times, changed my modem password and security level, and I turn off my computer when not in use. I went from using 1606 GB in December 2016, down to 202 for August 2017. Go figure. Nut they sure couldn't figure it out.

Frequent Visitor

The figure is that they are running a scam to get more money out of you. They want you to give them $50 extra per month for "unlimited data usage", which I've heard  turns out to not be "unlimited". They are pure and simple scam artists and crooked as a snake. No other word to describe it. 

New Poster

Too much data?

WIht only half the month gone, we got a notice saying we'd already exceeded our "data plan." I didn't even know we had a data plan. Comcast says we can spend $50 more for unlimited. Anyone have any idea how we could suddenly be on a trend for 4X data for the month with no major changes (no new equipment, kids back in school).

Thanks!

Tags (2)
Service Expert

Re: Too much data?

pmbanas wrote:

WIht only half the month gone, we got a notice saying we'd already exceeded our "data plan." I didn't even know we had a data plan. Comcast says we can spend $50 more for unlimited. Anyone have any idea how we could suddenly be on a trend for 4X data for the month with no major changes (no new equipment, kids back in school).

Thanks!

you get 2 free overage months and if you upgrade during the 3rd billing period the unlimited takes effect in that same billing period. that said, you need to find out what is causing it by checking (while at home) your current data usage after blocking all wifi (change pass) and then add back one or two devices at a time until you find the one using the data. at that point you can decide if it is an infected device sending for example DDOS packets. Or it could be someone downloading or streaming a lot. or a PC that is acting as a file server. good luck and reply back when you find the issue's source.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Here's a voice crying in the wilderness from the opposite side of this issue.

Halfway through my month's data usage, my wife and I combined have used exactly 32mb of data. I pay for 100Mbps/6Mbps internet, I have a high-end modem, and when the neighborhood kids and adults are home from school and work (plus entire weekends) we can hardly get the internet to work.

Everyone in our city, it seems, happily hogs the bandwidth by using Netflix, Youtube, etc. with addictive frequency. So please understand that the American public's addictions to data-hog services (Netflix, YouTube, etc.) are depriving some of us of consistent and fast access to even the most basic functions of the internet. I know this won't change anyone's mind, but I just wanted to bellyache a bit about paying big money for "fast" internet, which I can't get because of "power users" using up most of Comcast's oversold capacity.

New Poster

is this the second month of a TB limit?

you are so good at being vauge that i don't know where to begin.... most games are about 50-100GB... a reformat of not only  one, but multiple computers is normal. if you bother me with this data bs again... my lawyer will contact you. haworth law office... gl.

let me note that the only way to check data is on a cable box.... wt....

Regular Visitor

Here last 2 months I have used more than double my data  and am now getting notices that I have used up my terabyte in 1 week . WT H .

This is stupid . I am doing nothing different . I own my own modem . I only have internet .

But somehow in 2 months the data flow is running wild and uncontrolled .

Forget the 4k TV I was going to get . I would not be able to afford the data .

Frequent Visitor

Data Usage on my Xfinity account inaccurate

Got an alert that says I've almost reached the terabyte data cap for September; Xfinity says I've use an extra 600+GB over August despite nothing changing from my household usage standpoint, and my router logs showing I've only used ~300GB total. What is Xfinity doing to audit these data usage numbers? I trust my own router, and know Comcast Xfinity's data usage measurements have been called into question before.

Service Expert

Re: Data Usage on my Xfinity account inaccurate

MrJB wrote:

Got an alert that says I've almost reached the terabyte data cap for September; Xfinity says I've use an extra 600+GB over August despite nothing changing from my household usage standpoint, and my router logs showing I've only used ~300GB total. What is Xfinity doing to audit these data usage numbers? I trust my own router, and know Comcast Xfinity's data usage measurements have been called into question before.

the data usage includes the 'internet' used by your set top boxes (netflix, youtube, etc) too. and that usage does not go through your router.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'm logging ALL IP traffic going through the WAN in my home and am much more confident in my metrics than Comcast's. Yes, Netflix and youtube, hulu etc does go through my router because it is only accessed on devices that connect via my internal network; the Xfinity set top boxed are ONLY used for viewing cable service content, if large data transfers are occuring between the set top boxes and Comcast on an underlying network layer that my equipment can't monitor it best not be used against the data cap they are imposing; pretty sure that would be considered fraud. 

Service Expert

MrJB wrote:

I'm logging ALL IP traffic going through the WAN in my home and am much more confident in my metrics than Comcast's. Yes, Netflix and youtube, hulu etc does go through my router because it is only accessed on devices that connect via my internal network; the Xfinity set top boxed are ONLY used for viewing cable service content, if large data transfers are occuring between the set top boxes and Comcast on an underlying network layer that my equipment can't monitor it best not be used against the data cap they are imposing; pretty sure that would be considered fraud. 

the security desk can probably break out the usage by modem (yours and the set top boxes containing a DOCSIS modem) at 888-565-4329

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Informal poll about the bandwidth caps on Internet service?

The market that we are in was lucky enough to be one of the markets in which we now have a bandwidth cap on our highspeed internet service. The official position is that the limit is plenty for the average family; and yet every month we have to keep a close eye on our usage to not encoure the additional cost for extra bandwidth. So you know, we get all of our entertainment from streaming and have 4 people using the service. The one saving grace is that we (for extra monthly service fee) have xfinity on demand (which the data usage on this service doesn't count against the bandwidth cap) but we have to regulate our netflix, youtube, xbox (game downloads, game streams, and online play), roku, and Amazon usage. We do not run any servers or try to do any media sharing and yet every month we are right at the top of the limit. It has gotten to the point we are looking for an ISP that allows us to use the internet as we see fit. Are there any other lucky people who have run into the great new feature of the bandwidth cap? If so, please share your experiences here. 

New Poster

Data Useage

I was reading an article about Terabyte service in some states. Where in My Account can I find my data useage?

Tags (1)
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Data Useage

gjflynn wrote:

I was reading an article about Terabyte service in some states. Where in My Account can I find my data useage?

Under the Devices tab, toward the bottom.  You'll see a bar chart. 

New Poster

"You do not have a data plan"

When I put in my zip code on the "Do I have a data plan" site, it says "You do not have a data plan." What exactly does this mean? Do I have unlimited data every month? A terrabyte? Or am I capped off at something lower than that (like 250 gb)?

Thanks

New Poster

Data Usage Overview much higher than my router shows

All my home network traffic goes through my router running DD-WRT and then to the cable modem.  The data usage reported by my router is significantly lower than that shown on my Xfinity "Data Usage Overview".  For example, the last 6 months are shown below.  Does anybody else have this problem?  The ratio does not seem consistent.

Thanks!

Month Router up (M Router down (M Router total (M Xfinity Usage (G Xfinity / (Router/1024)
August 111900 2648900 376790 540 1.47
July 112938 252017 364955 400 1.12
June 50381 200986 251367 315 1.28
May 113395 166812 280207 350 1.28
April 25904 153954 179858 220 1.25
March 45042 113069 158111 270 1.75
Frequent Visitor

Internet Usage Details

I looked at the Usage Meter on the comcast website and it was showing much more usage that it should.  I started monitoring it daily for over a week now and it is showing huge amounts of data being used when there is hardly any activity on our home network.  This happened one time before about 8 mounths ago and without changing how we used our data the next month it dropped again.  Example:  doing the very same things on the 2 PCs and using no other interent divices showed usage of 29 GB one day, 17 GB the next day, and 81 GB the following day.  I need to see the details (which PC is using what amount during when during the day) of what Comcast 'thinks' we are using where I can determine if it is correct or not. 

Comcast should show us this information on their website.

Update:  The only device accessing the internet in my entire home this morning is this PC.  I logged into my Comcast account, checked the Comcast Usage Meter, submitted the comment above, then checked the Comcast Usage Meter again and my usage had gone up 2 GB.  Really?  I want to see exactly what used that 2 GB in 5 minutes on this one PC!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Data Usage Overview much higher than my router shows

I have the same issue.  Loads of GBs being used if you look at the data from Comcast and hardly any actually being used if you look at the home network usage.  Had this same issue about 8 months ago when all of a sudden Comcast said I had used the 1st of my complementary overages.  Looks like they need me to use my 2nd overage to try to get me to upgrade by exploding my usage this month - internet usage that I am clearly not using.

Service Expert

Re: Internet Usage Details

amaasing wrote:

I looked at the Usage Meter on the comcast website and it was showing much more usage that it should.  I started monitoring it daily for over a week now and it is showing huge amounts of data being used when there is hardly any activity on our home network.  This happened one time before about 8 mounths ago and without changing how we used our data the next month it dropped again.  Example:  doing the very same things on the 2 PCs and using no other interent divices showed usage of 29 GB one day, 17 GB the next day, and 81 GB the following day.  I need to see the details (which PC is using what amount during when during the day) of what Comcast 'thinks' we are using where I can determine if it is correct or not. 

Update:  The only device accessing the internet in my entire home this morning is this PC.  I logged into my Comcast account, checked the Comcast Usage Meter, submitted the comment above, then checked the Comcast Usage Meter again and my usage had gone up 2 GB.  Really?  I want to see exactly what used that 2 GB in 5 minutes on this one PC! 

the usage meter is not 'live' real time but is updated every few hours at least. The new usage page "only" shows the total and not the breakdown we had before per 'DOCSIS' modem (Xg1, XG2, gateway). Do you have a printer (example HP) plugged into the network or connected via wireless? There have been some HP printer DNS issues using a lot of bytes. I have an HP multi-function and don't have the problem.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

amaasing wrote:

I have the same issue.  Loads of GBs being used if you look at the data from Comcast and hardly any actually being used if you look at the home network usage.  Had this same issue about 8 months ago when all of a sudden Comcast said I had used the 1st of my complementary overages.  Looks like they need me to use my 2nd overage to try to get me to upgrade by exploding my usage this month - internet usage that I am clearly not using.

any chance it is from youtube/netflix etc usage on the X1 set top boxes?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

amaasing wrote:

any chance it is from youtube/netflix etc usage on the X1 set top boxes?

Absolutely not.  As stated in my original post - the only thing connected to internet (in other words, the router) is 2 PCs.  We don't use Netflix or any other streaming service.  We only use our PCs to search the web, play an online game occasionally, read blogs, check email and that's about it.  There is absolutely no way we use 81 GB in a single day.

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

amaasing wrote:

the usage meter is not 'live' real time but is updated every few hours at least. The new usage page "only" shows the total and not the breakdown we had before per 'DOCSIS' modem (Xg1, XG2, gateway). Do you have a printer (example HP) plugged into the network or connected via wireless? There have been some HP printer DNS issues using a lot of bytes. I have an HP multi-function and don't have the problem.

Yes, I am aware the usage meter is not real time.  However when I go to bed at night and get up the next morning and the usage meter shows I have used 81 GB that should only be for a 24 hour period at the most.  And with only 2 PCs connected (no we don't have a printer connected - I always disconnect it when it is not in use) and we don't use streaming services, there is absolutely no way we have used over a terabyte in less than a month.  We have not done anything different than we have over the last several months when all we used was about 200-300 per month.

This is why we all need the details of this data from Comcast.  If they are going to bill us for overages then we need to be able to verify the information is correct.  Billing us for overages and then not willing to show us the 'proof' that the data was actually used is unethical at best.  If I am going to be charged for something like this then I want a detailed accounting for what I am paying for.

Frequent Visitor

Too many people are experiencing rediculous data usage now as compared to a few months back. We know that Comcast is running a scam. I can't even get anyone to call me and talk about it even after they said they would. Comcast is NOT a reputable organization, pure and simple. 

Service Expert

amaasing wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

amaasing wrote:

Yes, I am aware the usage meter is not real time.  However when I go to bed at night and get up the next morning and the usage meter shows I have used 81 GB that should only be for a 24 hour period at the most.  And with only 2 PCs connected (no we don't have a printer connected - I always disconnect it when it is not in use) and we don't use streaming services, there is absolutely no way we have used over a terabyte in less than a month.  We have not done anything different than we have over the last several months when all we used was about 200-300 per month.

This is why we all need the details of this data from Comcast.  If they are going to bill us for overages then we need to be able to verify the information is correct.  Billing us for overages and then not willing to show us the 'proof' that the data was actually used is unethical at best.  If I am going to be charged for something like this then I want a detailed accounting for what I am paying for.

quick test would be to unplug the power to the modem overnight until you need it the next day keep it unplugged. Check the usage at that time and before plugging in. Did usage stop? Also do you have an HP printer? another thread had an HP printer causing the problems due to a DNS problem. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Re: Data Useage

Thanks. You hit the nail on thre head.

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

amaasing wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

amaasing wrote:

quick test would be to unplug the power to the modem overnight until you need it the next day keep it unplugged. Check the usage at that time and before plugging in. Did usage stop? Also do you have an HP printer? another thread had an HP printer causing the problems due to a DNS problem. 

I honestly do appriciate what you guys are attempting to do.  However I am a 30 yr. IT veteran and have already done all the analysis that can be done.

My Post had nothing to do with asking for help in what 'could' be causing the extreme amounts of data usage Comcast is showing on their Usage Meter. My post was stating that Comcast needs (no MUST) start showing details on the data usage they 'say' we are using if they are going to start charging us for overages.  Nothing else is acceptable.

When a company starts charging as Comcast is now doing they have to also include what they are charging you for in detail.  If Comcast wants to be reputable, then it's the only way to show they aren't over-charging.  Most companies today live off the concept of 'transparancy' with their customers.  Comcast needs to do that as well.

So my post was not for someone to 'help' me determine 'where' the data is used, but to state that Comcast needs to start 'proving' where the data is used by showing us the details on each IP address of the amount used throughout the day.  We can then determine what was going on on those IP addresses during that time and determine the validity of the charges.

Service Expert

amaasing wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

amaasing wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

amaasing wrote:

I honestly do appriciate what you guys are attempting to do.  However I am a 30 yr. IT veteran and have already done all the analysis that can be done.

My Post had nothing to do with asking for help in what 'could' be causing the extreme amounts of data usage Comcast is showing on their Usage Meter. My post was stating that Comcast needs (no MUST) start showing details on the data usage they 'say' we are using if they are going to start charging us for overages.  Nothing else is acceptable.

When a company starts charging as Comcast is now doing they have to also include what they are charging you for in detail.  If Comcast wants to be reputable, then it's the only way to show they aren't over-charging.  Most companies today live off the concept of 'transparancy' with their customers.  Comcast needs to do that as well.

So my post was not for someone to 'help' me determine 'where' the data is used, but to state that Comcast needs to start 'proving' where the data is used by showing us the details on each IP address of the amount used throughout the day.  We can then determine what was going on on those IP addresses during that time and determine the validity of the charges.

If you believe that either the data is allocated to you that is not your home network's usage or that someone is using your network in a way you can not determine, Comcast has a data security team available at 888-565-4329

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

amaasing wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

amaasing wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

amaasing wrote:

If you believe that either the data is allocated to you that is not your home network's usage or that someone is using your network in a way you can not determine, Comcast has a data security team available at 888-565-4329

Seriously?  Are you even reading my posts at all?  Take off your blinders.  I do not believe that anyone is using my home network - I know they aren't.  And I am quite capable of determining what is being used and what isn't.  I never said either of these are happening.  I said and I will repeat it more clearly if that will help you actually understand the purpose of my post......

The Comcast Usage Meter is WRONG!!!!!!!  And they will NOT give their customers details of how they are coming up with the ridiculous numbers they show.  Therefore my post is stating that if Comcast wants to be considered a reputable company and legitimately start charging for overages, then they MUST start showing the usage details on the site.  Plain and Simple. 

This is not a Technical issue for someone to chime in and try to give a solution - this is purely an ethical one.  Comcast MUST have transparency with their customer if they are going to charge for overages.

Service Expert

amaasing wrote:

Rustyben wrote:
<snip>

Seriously?  Are you even reading my posts at all?  Take off your blinders.  I do not believe that anyone is using my home network - I know they aren't.  And I am quite capable of determining what is being used and what isn't.  I never said either of these are happening.  I said and I will repeat it more clearly if that will help you actually understand the purpose of my post......

The Comcast Usage Meter is WRONG!!!!!!!  And they will NOT give their customers details of how they are coming up with the ridiculous numbers they show.  Therefore my post is stating that if Comcast wants to be considered a reputable company and legitimately start charging for overages, then they MUST start showing the usage details on the site.  Plain and Simple. 

This is not a Technical issue for someone to chime in and try to give a solution - this is purely an ethical one.  Comcast MUST have transparency with their customer if they are going to charge for overages.

Their security service is available whenever you are ready to resolve the situation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

<SIGH>

OMG! 

New Poster

Courtesy Months reset?

As you all know, Comcast implemented the 1TB data cap Novermber 2016.

They stated that they would give us 2 courtesy months of overages per year.

(1) Does those 2 months reset in November of the next year or one year from when the 1st courtesy month was used?

(2) Also is it really only 2 50GB blocks or is it just waiving the whole month despite how many 50GB blocks you went over? I've been getting conflicting answers on this...

Thank you for your time.

Frequent Visitor

That's just the real issue. They don't care about being reputable. The are definitely not. What they are is crooked and will come up with any scheme to get more money out of their customers. Everything about them is crooked.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Courtesy Months reset?

sacuc123 wrote: As you all know, Comcast implemented the 1TB data cap Novermber 2016. ...

The cap was implemented at different times in different places. Some areas still don't have it.

(1) Does those 2 months reset in November of the next year or one year from when the 1st courtesy month was used?
(2) Also is it really only 2 50GB blocks or is it just waiving the whole month despite how many 50GB blocks you went over? ...

Please see https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/data-usage-plan/, especially What will happen if I use more than a terabyte in a month?

New Poster

data roll over

since we pay for 1024GB of data ...does what we do not use roll over for the next month ?

Contributor

Re: data roll over

Mlambert1157 wrote:

since we pay for 1024GB of data ...does what we do not use roll over for the next month ?

Waiting for an answer on this one.
AWB

Gold Problem Solver

Mlambert1157 wrote: ...does what we do not use roll over for the next month ? ...

See Will unused data be applied to a future month?

Service Expert

AWBolden wrote:

Mlambert1157 wrote:

Waiting for an answer on this one.
AWB

service has a cap (limit) and there is no carry-over.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I've talked to several people on the security support line; no one seems to be able to provide any detailed data, not even a breakdown of daily stats regarding the bandwidth usage.

Service Expert

MrJB wrote:

I've talked to several people on the security support line; no one seems to be able to provide any detailed data, not even a breakdown of daily stats regarding the bandwidth usage.

I don't think they do that function. They track down issues where customers believe the data charged to them is not their data usage (meaning that someone else is using the data). Do you have that issue and want to discuss it with them? Call that number if so, and let us know here how it worked out. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

amaasing wrote:

Rustyben wrote:
<snip>

Their security service is available whenever you are ready to resolve the situation.

Are you just trying to annoy him or what? He has clearly stated he has a background in IT and knows that is not the case.

I am also running a router that lets me monitor my up/down each month and on average comcast is showing me at 25-40% higher than what I am actually using. I am taking this measurement from a router that all my connections go through. I also can look on the comcast meter and confirm noone in my house has been using a cable box for netflix. Now all that said I am not seeing all the noise on the modem side, just the data that is actually entering my network. So if comcast is sending that much information to talk with my modem they need to change how they are handling the network packets.

Now let me get back to my original point. If I decide I need more bandwidth because I have a bigger family or because I know I will be streaming on multiple tv's then maybe setting my limits for 250mb at the same level as someone with 25mb isn't the best move. I am paying a premium to get content faster, but then I am also penalized and charged extra for the ability to actually use that connection. So now I need to pay a 50% increased cost almost for the internet portion of my bill to beable to use my connection as I intended.

Now when you look at both of those things and then realise they are basically meter billing us after that nice 1tb.. yet they have a meter I know from my own personal testing to be innaccurate with the amount of data I am actually using. Now, before you respond and say I should call the security team let me point out a few things.

My router logs all mac's that have ever connected to my device... so I can account for all of them. On top of that my encryption method and passkey are very strong. My router is not one that is prone to the desync/deauth attacks. I have even tried using a IDS and IPS, solution to see if I was getting some malicious packets/ddos attacks.

So in the end I have done my homework. I am definately not a network noob, nor am I unaware of the happenings on my network. So when I say I have looked into my data usage and found a consistent inflation in comcasts reported numbers, then it EXISTS. This is the same thing MANY people have reported and so far we only receive silence from comcast. If they are going to meter our bandwidth then they need to supply the information for the 3rd party that is checking it's accuracy and also the last date it was certified on... until then I will stand by the fact it is in there best interest to let the meter inflate numbers.

Service Expert

the usage on your account is from all the DOCSIS gateway/modems that are on your account and or using your equipment's address. They can monitor all use not just what your one gateway is using and can determine if another DOCSIS device is using data that is being charged to your account. It's free and they do care.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

the usage on your account is from all the DOCSIS gateway/modems that are on your account and or using your equipment's address. They can monitor all use not just what your one gateway is using and can determine if another DOCSIS device is using data that is being charged to your account. It's free and they do care.

Except any Docsis device on my account would show up on my account when I view it. I can look now and see my Consumer owned modem and also see my cable boxes. I can then see the usage on those devices.

So if another gateway was using my account it would need to actually be on my account. Since I do not have one showing up, that is not the case. If the gateway was spoofing my modems Mac address then neither device would be able to function. So I am not sure why you keep going down this path of reasoning. Occam's Razor states that the simplest answer is most often right. So going by that the simplest explanation for this issue is that comcast's meter is innaccurate. This is supported by numerous people who also track their usage on their end and see a descrepency when compared to the comcast meter.

I can understand your desire to defend comcast and this meter they have forced on us, but the fact is it is not accurate. That means people are being billed overage charges based on a faulty meter. This opens up a can of legal worms. The problem though is that comcast like other big monopolies know that they can leverage those overage charges enough to make a profit despite the class action lawsuit that will likely follow in a few years.

So in the end they win either way... the only person that is constitenly losing is the customers who chose comcast as their ISP. A good majority of those people did so because they have no other choice for broadband in their area.

Frequent Visitor

xfinity gigabit data cap?

I signed up for gigabit yesterday and was told that the gigabit tier was not subject to the 1 terobyte data cap (it even said so online when I looked it up with the agent). However today when I logged into my account, it shows a 1024 data cap. is this just showing up but I should disregard? some clarification would be appreciated!

Frequent Visitor

Re: xfinity gigabit data cap?

per xfinity website: https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/data-usage-find-area/

"The Terabyte Data Internet Usage Plan does not apply to XFINITY Internet customers on our Gigabit Pro tier of service. The plan also does not apply to Business Internet customers, customers on Bulk Internet agreements, and customers with Prepaid Internet."

Problem Solver

Gigabit Internet is powered by DOCSIS 3.1 and has the data cap while Gigabit Pro is 2Gbps/2Gbps and is fiber to your house and doesn’t have the data cap.
Frequent Visitor

great so basically the customer sales agent lied to me and got me to sign up for gigabit (big reason was no data cap) and now thats not true. pretty angry right now.

New Poster

How can I keep track of my data usage on a day or weekly basis, seems I went over the allowed amount

How can I track my data usage on a daily or weekly basis, seems I went over my quota?  Thought it was unlimited.

New Poster

data usage

The data usage in September 17 has skyrocketed for no apparent reason. My activity has not changed. I wonder if it is an error. I await your reply.

Cable Expert
Moved:

Re: Terabyte Internet Data Usage

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.