members

online now

discussions

Terabyte Internet Data Usage

SOLVED
Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 450 of 2,193

Post removed due to a deliberate forum language filter circumvention violation. Please keep things clean here and refrain from attempting to bypass the filter.Thank you.

Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 451 of 2,193
Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 452 of 2,193

Off topic posts removed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 453 of 2,193

Whats even sadder is this is there forums and they dont pay enough attention to the "Customers" they so diligintly want to keep Smiley Happy

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 454 of 2,193

So Comcast put into place this 300GB data cap back in 2012...and it seems only this area in Nashville because back in my home town in Illinois there is not a data cap for my dads internet service. I am ok with a data cap but 300GB in 2012 is not 300GB in 2015 standards. Data only gets bigger, not smaller. Streaming only gets bigger not smaller. I really think they need to reevaluate data usage for todays media content, not 2012s.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 455 of 2,193

I live in Maine with my parents and brother so we are subject to the 300 GB usage plan. We use the Performance tier with 25 Mbp/s download and 4 Mbp/s upload. We don't use Netflix. My parents don't watch a lot of online videos. I sometimes watch some videos on YouTube and on the Xfinity website (some TV show episodes). My brother sometimes uses Spotify.

We never use 300 GBs of data a month and don't have the issue some have experienced where they don't know why an excessive amount of data is being used. The wireless gateway we have is a Cisco DPC3939 which was manufactured in August 2013. We got a new one from the Brunswick, Maine service center when we first got Xfinity Internet in May 2014. The two private networks (one on 2.4 GHz and one on 5 GHz) are both password protected to help guard against unauthorized access. Xfinity WiFi is enabled, but per the Xfinity website, anyone using it does not count against our usage plan.

That all being said, I do think it would be cool if there wasn't a usage plan or what some call a "data cap". We used to have Internet service through FairPoint (a DSL ISP) and they didn't have a usage plan. Unfortunately for us, the maximum download speed available was around 1.5 Mbp/s. We couldn't do any HD streaming.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 456 of 2,193

stevenjw0728 wrote:

So Comcast put into place this 300GB data cap back in 2012...and it seems only this area in Nashville because back in my home town in Illinois there is not a data cap for my dads internet service. I am ok with a data cap but 300GB in 2012 is not 300GB in 2015 standards. Data only gets bigger, not smaller. Streaming only gets bigger not smaller. I really think they need to reevaluate data usage for todays media content, not 2012s.

Now that Net Neutrality is in force, consumers can file a complaint in regard to the data caps.  It is not fair that you can stream Comcast On Demand and not use data while Netflix etc. does.  If you go over 300GB you pay more.  This is definately an example where competitors and consumers are harmed. There was an article on Ars Technica that stated:

"There is no ban on data caps, but providers are not allowed to use caps to harm consumers or competitors. Technically, the FCC said it would address concerns about data allowances and usage-based pricing plans "under the no-unreasonable interference/disadvantage [standard] on a case-by-case basis.""

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/06/the-fcc-will-now-take-your-net-neutrality-complaints/?unr...

Posted by
Contributor

Message 457 of 2,193
glennbob, I don't recall that watching anything through the Xfinity website is excluded. I read a page about the usage plans and it didn't mention anything was excluded.

stevenjw0728, that's because some places are part of the usage plan trial but not every one of Comcast's service areas is. Also, the definition of a GB is the same as it was in 2012. Now if someone streams 4K video versus 1080p video that does use more bandwidth.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 458 of 2,193

elsant01 wrote:
Also, the definition of a GB is the same as it was in 2012.

And it was the same when a floppy disk was the most common way of installing software. But that isn't the point at all.

What matters is that usage patterns have changed dramatically in just 3 years. Video is everywhere. You'd almost never encounter auto-playing videos, Netflix didn't have a single original show to its name, and few TVs had access to streaming services. Today, you're innundated with auto-playing video (heck, just go to paypal.com, and you'll be greeted by a full-page video background or scroll through the average social network feed), all the online video services are in a digital arms race of original content and library expansion, and almost every TV at the big box retailers include apps for all of the major video streaming services. Oh, and cord cutting is a thing.

I pay for data in blocks for my family's cellular data. I'm actually okay with that. Not just because it fits our needs, but because when there is some high data use I can look at the usage of every single device on my plan. That to me is one of the most critical failures of the Comcast data caps; that I can't pull up the router and see a list of connected devices and their data usage for the month (the other major failure being that they don't scale up with the service plans... if I'm paying three times the price of their standard tier for a faster connection, my data cap should also be much higher, like in Tuscon's trial).

Posted by
Contributor

Message 459 of 2,193
I actually did know about some of the stuff you said. I knew that the average amount of data used overall is increasing. The way they said it though sounded to me like they said the way data is measured has changed, not that more data is being used.

I know Comcast has been trying to improve their customer service but I'm unsure if that will lead to them either cancelling the data cap trial or if they will increase the data caps.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 460 of 2,193

greedy rat moles are civil when that wax there head sitting on a government regulatory panel. anyways. i've been considered fully disabled since before beeing considreed an adult...so i'm poor. i can only afford a small subscription service per month; as in netflix that only costs $8 a month giving me a bead into the outside world as opposed to the exorbant/obscenely overprice amount it would cost me to get the same amount of content by ordering comcast cable at a rate of around an extra $100 per month. in short massive controlled mitigation hurts everything except for the individual/s who indoctrinated it. dam comcast sux

Posted by
Networking Expert

Message 461 of 2,193
Posted by
Networking Expert

Message 462 of 2,193
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 463 of 2,193

They litterly have a Scam going a monopoly here in SC where they are the ONLY option for community and anyoen who lives in the 21st Centry in that community will end up paying them more out of pocket here is my situation I have been spreading all over phones, BBB, Facebook  they didnt like me spreading the info on FB since they do NOT advertise a Data cap what so ever Cable has always been the no cap net.. 

So you guys implamented a Data cap I was told in 2013. I got back to America after 10 years over seas and when I got in my house and looked for a provider. Your rep told me  Blast internet $120 a month super fast ( NOT A SINGLE WORD ANYWHERE ON PAPERS OR FROM HIS MOUTH about a Data cap) So ... for over two and a half years you guys do not charge me for going over or show any sign of a data cap then suddenly after so many years and time you try to slam me with a 200 n something dollar bill for internet. First off WHY does someone paying $30 have the EXACT same amount of Data cap as someone paying $120 Next off you guys are directly hindering my lifestyle and my faimly options we live in the 21st centry I did a test and observed the first two days of the month. And being at work for half the day my wife at home on her comp and kid on hers we use about 10 gigs a day ... So no matter what if im at work EVERY single day I will always hit the cap and if i get a weekend or take two weeks off work I can expect to have to pay comcast more money because I am actually home to use my internet. This So called TRIAL phase as I have been told is making hundreds of thosands of dollars off people who actually make use of what they own. It should be more realistic of a cap I get it stop ppl selling internet out of there house and illigal downloading. WELL DONT FORGET GAMERS !!!!! I pay $120 SO I CAN RELAX when im home on my games.. I reinstalled wow yesterday ya know how many gigs that was over 25 ... so 1/6th of my allotted net for the month down the crapper... And I researched and saw you only enforce the policy where people have NO other option but to buy from comcast its not a nation wide policy its not 100% enforced and from how I experanced it you just enforce it when you feel like it. This is a SCAM and a rip off and I will be printing out all my historical data and email data and takeing it to my JAG officer for review for a Lawsuit. 

I have been thru all the levels Facebook, Phone lines, BBB, and every time the responders from comcast just say oh we implimented it in 2013.. Unacceptable......  I would have no complants what so ever if the Data cap I pay $120 dollars for was realistic to fit my family and home. But it is not what so ever I FEAR for my income when I am out of the Army and a Disabled Vet and I spend all my time on the computer because I have no other options.. You guys will suck SO much of my money just because I USE what I pay for. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 464 of 2,193

I use 10 gigs a day WORK DAY... if I take a good weekend or TWO weeks off from the Army to relax no matter what I will go over the cap they have. Its a joke and a Scam they are making so much money off familys that actually use thre internet and computers. And there bull escuses oh but so many people DONT hit the cap does not apply to my home household or family. Not to mention the guy paying $30 has the EXACT data cap as me paying $120. They also didnt enforce the policy on me for over almost two years then suddenly wham Massive check in the mail 200 bucks for internet my 2014 Kawasaki ninjas monthly payment isnt that much... 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 465 of 2,193

My family uses on average a day 10 gigs thats 2 workdays where im gone for around 12 hours and going to bed around 10pm my wife behind home all day. So ither way no mater what if i work every day of the month I will still go over the data cap if I take two weeks off work or a long weekend I mite as well send a blank check to comcast..... 

Posted by
Networking Expert

Message 466 of 2,193
Posted by
New Poster

Message 467 of 2,193

I completely agree. We have been with comcast for years, back before this cap was in place. I have worked from home since 2006 and this is killing me. Between my work usage on the computer & our personal usage, we easily go over the cap. Our choice is to either go to a business account and pay $150 JUST for unlimited internet and have to keep our TV on a residential account and pay another $150-$180 just for TV. Or we stay on the residential side and have the cap and pay a cheaper price with our bundle. And not only this, because I work from home, I am legally transferring files because I do web design. Well guess what?! They put a stupid block on that to stop the illegal music downloads and stuff but it also stops the people who are doing it the legit way. So I can't transfer anything for my work through an FTP client. They have screwed more people than they think. Money brings misery. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 468 of 2,193

It is litterly a Scam there is NO other chocies or providers for my family as well as I WOULD NEVER HAVE GAVE THEM A PENNY or bought the house in my current location if I knew a data cap was going to be slapped on me. I litterly would NOT HAVE bought my home where it is just to stay out of Comcast footprint... Never tought I would have to put internet provider in my requirements for buying a house.... 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 469 of 2,193

After filing a complaint with the FCC Internet Compaint Department: https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=38824 if the link does not work try: www.fcc.gov/complaints and select internet complaint.  Comcast called me and I voice a long list of my issues including all the video streaming we do on our 4 TV's and 4 computers.  He did inform me that if I override the auto-select format and set each of them to download in the lower SD format that the average movie will only use about 650 - 700 MB, but if I download in HD or the new 4C format that it could be >47 GB per movie.  Of course I ask why should I sacrafice video quality when I am paying for their best (and most costly internet package for home use) the Extreme 105 package.  His response was that if I wanted the better picture quality then I would have to pay extra for it. NOT ACCEPTABLE! when I signed up it was for unlimited internet and with the extra high speed I consume a lot of data in a short amount of time.  I told him that perhaps I will need to drop to a lower and cheaper package to keep from going over the 300 GB Cap!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 470 of 2,193
I was thinking about some cable companies being concerned that some of their customers have dropped their TV service while keeping Internet service as a way of saving money by streaming some content instead. Then it hit me: what if those customers who have Xfinity TV and a minimum of Digital Starter (required for On Demand) were rewarded by not having a data cap?

My thinking is that since those customers would have Digital Starter, Comcast could make some additional money through renting some equipment or CableCARDs to those customers. Furthermore, they would have On Demand access, potentially getting Comcast some additional money. In exchange, each one of those customers wouldn't have a bandwidth cap. I think some people would consider that an incentive.

Now if one reason Comcast wants the data caps is to gain more revenue from the overages, it would make sense to me if they kept the current caps in place, increased some or all of them, or made it apply to all Xfinity Internet customers.

If however, Comcast wants to help improve their public perception, I think my suggestion would help. I imagine some people won't want to have to have Xfinity TV, let alone a minimum service tier, but personally I think my suggestion is a better alternative to there being no way to avoid the caps (excluding switching to Comcast Business if possible).
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 471 of 2,193

If people like me are paying $120 for internet from them the data cap should be 700-1000 a month. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 472 of 2,193

If you file an FCC complaint please be sure to mention Comcast has been bragging they double capacity every 18 months but the caps have not been increased in nearly 36 months. What have they been doing with that extra capacity? Here is Comcast's own blog post bragging about increasing capacity - http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/2-gig-internet-california.

The data cap isn't currently enforced in my area but I fear the day it is. Comcast's EVP David Cohen said "I would predict that in five years Comcast at least would have a usage-based billing model rolled out across its footprint" May 14, 2014. This leads me to believe the cap is coming. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 473 of 2,193

Personally, I think that Comcast is shooting themselves in the foot by implimenting these data caps on people. Here's why. Interent is not the only product that they do. They are also heavely involved with NBC, MSNBC, NBC Sports, NBC News, The Today Show, Universal etc. and all of these other properties of theirs have web sites with video and audio streaming and each one has to sell advertising on their sites to make ends meet. In addition to all of this, there are several other sites that stream old NBC Network shows like the The Cosby Show, The A-Team, Emergency!, Batman, Star Trek, etc and each one of these sites is required to pay a certain royalty amount back to NBC for premissions to steam their content. Me, myself, I like to watch old episodes of Emergency! One reason being that I grew up watching it as a child and as such, I learned many life saving techniques that I would go on to use later on when I went on to serve as a reserve deputy sheriff in my county's sheriff's department for 17 years. But case in point, instead of using their Interent service to punish people with data caps so that they can make few dollars more off of it, Comcast should be using their Interent service as a building block to refer their subscribers to their other media properties that I referenced above, so that they can generate more advertising revenue for their other sites. They already do this with thier My Xfinity customer portal. Now, they just need to take it a step furter and put an end to these so called data caps once and for all. And especailly since Google Fiber and others continue to expand their speed offerings and territory. If Comcast doesn't end the data caps real soon, they are slowly going to find themselves being left behind, because subscribers are going to migrate to other broadband providers. And they won't be surfing Comcast's other media properties sites either. All of which will result in lost advertising revenue.

I am not paid by Xfinity nor am I an official Xfinity Forum expert. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those in that program & I hope to one day join them. I am a paying customer just like U. Did I happen to answer your question or solve your issue? If so, then please consider giving me Kudos and / or marking my posting as an "Accepted Solution" so that the other contributors can go on to the next issue. Giving me Kudos and / or marking my postings as an "Accepted Solution" is the best way U can thank us. God bless.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 474 of 2,193

Almost two years now when is this "trial" supposed to end and when are they going to bump the cap to more modern levels? 4K streaming is already here and will be picking up alot of users this holiday. How is comcast going to contiue to justify this 300GB cap?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 475 of 2,193

MichaelSawdey wrote:

So you guys implamented a Data cap I was told in 2013. I got back to America after 10 years over seas and when I got in my house and looked for a provider. Your rep told me  Blast internet $120 a month super fast ( NOT A SINGLE WORD ANYWHERE ON PAPERS OR FROM HIS MOUTH about a Data cap) So ... for over two and a half years you guys do not charge me for going over or show any sign of a data cap then suddenly after so many years and time you try to slam me with a 200 n something dollar bill for internet. First off WHY does someone paying $30 have the EXACT same amount of Data cap as someone paying $120 Next off you guys are directly hindering my lifestyle and my faimly options we live in the 21st centry I did a test and observed the first two days of the month. And being at work for half the day my wife at home on her comp and kid on hers we use about 10 gigs a day ... So no matter what if im at work EVERY single day I will always hit the cap and if i get a weekend or take two weeks off work I can expect to have to pay comcast more money because I am actually home to use my internet. This So called TRIAL phase as I have been told is making hundreds of thosands of dollars off people who actually make use of what they own. It should be more realistic of a cap I get it stop ppl selling internet out of there house and illigal downloading. WELL DONT FORGET GAMERS !!!!! I pay $120 SO I CAN RELAX when im home on my games.. I reinstalled wow yesterday ya know how many gigs that was over 25 ... so 1/6th of my allotted net for the month down the crapper... And I researched and saw you only enforce the policy where people have NO other option but to buy from comcast its not a nation wide policy its not 100% enforced and from how I experanced it you just enforce it when you feel like it. This is a SCAM and a rip off and I will be printing out all my historical data and email data and takeing it to my JAG officer for review for a Lawsuit. 

I have been thru all the levels Facebook, Phone lines, BBB, and every time the responders from comcast just say oh we implimented it in 2013.. Unacceptable......  I would have no complants what so ever if the Data cap I pay $120 dollars for was realistic to fit my family and home. But it is not what so ever I FEAR for my income when I am out of the Army and a Disabled Vet and I spend all my time on the computer because I have no other options.. You guys will suck SO much of my money just because I USE what I pay for. 

Michael - you have the right questions, you are just asking the wrong people to answer them!

You need to go to fcc.gov and file a complaint with the FCC.  Now that Net Neutrality is in full force, the FCC would be interested in your issues.  I had the same questions you do and never got an answer from Comcast.  Any reasonable person looking at the Comcast "trial", would immediately declare it UNFAIR!  Hopefully the FCC will continue to be reasonable people!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 476 of 2,193
I looked at the data usage page and decided to post how much my family and I have used in March, April, May, and this month (so far).

In March we used 52 GB. In April we used 22 GB. In May we used 17 GB. So far this month, we have used 18 GB.

Lately I've been in the process of reading all the applicable terms of services, privacy policies, and anything else that's applicable for the websites, services, etc. I use. Right now I'm on Microsoft, then there's Google (and YouTube) then I'm almost finished. I also reset my laptop so I haven't used it at all to stream any TV episodes and I haven't used YouTube as much.

Once I'm almost finished with my project, I expect the usage amount to increase, partly since I'll configure my laptop (which involves installing most if not all of the available Windows 8 updates, Windows 8.1, and almost all of those updates). Also, I used to use Adblock Plus but won't be installing it so due to the ads (especially the video ads) I expect data usage to increase. I don't however expect my family and I to even use 100 GBs.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 477 of 2,193

Bill paid this month, 250.00 bucks. Thus far I have yet to have whats been promised, Internet drop constantly, Up and downs no where near the amounts I was promised. Constant packet loss, Ping keeps spikeing through the roof, DOnt even get me started when someone else in the house hold connects there device. Though about calling tech support. (They will just blame me again. Last tech that was out here, Just sat in his truck crying about his job and how he has to work) Then after seeing people post here and what they spend. One would think you would get a better service for more money with a higher data cap.

So I reckon Comcast isnt about the money, Its about how much this company can rip people off, They are no better then the lying oil jobber. AS soon as a way to price gouge comes to. These guys are all over it.

One more thing before I go. Comcast. If you dont like people useing ur servers. why even offer streaming, why even offer internet. No need to answer those. I would much rather your effort and time be invested into providing a good service vrs useing this forum to give people a way to vent so they can get it off there chest and go back to giveing you money.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 478 of 2,193
Why have a cap at all? It should be illegal if it's not already. Worst service on the planet. Complete robbery.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 479 of 2,193
Plus they make it impossible to complain. Keep getting dropped from calls, online chat help because the modem is slow and often flakes out. You suck Comcast!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 480 of 2,193
Great idea. Time for the FCC to get involved. Watch out Comcast
Posted by
Contributor

Message 481 of 2,193

Well. Another successfull weekend of Disconnects, All day Sunday My Ups and Downs where that of the 100 dollar package. Yet I spend 250+ every month. For giggles I tried to steam somthing. No HD. Video is always blocky, sound never matches up, and Constant, Opps somthing went wrong. Please click the refresh button, After 30 times of that regardless of what i try to stream, One just turns it off.

So now Im back to trying to use the internet service I pay top dollar for. Yes Im a gamer. Top dollar package to have 50-100 ping all day saturday, talk about staying on respawn, By the time I see somthing. Its already happened an Im dead. oh. Then no internet connection. darn. here goes 30 mins of turning the router on and off. no luck. lets call comcast. 1 hour on hold, horrible music. No answer. Look internet is back.

2 hours later. its down again.

i bet comcast is gonna want there 250 bucks + whatever other secret charges they mysteriously come up with.

Heading out of town today. gonna be on my normal hotel internet connection. funny thing is theres seems more reliable and its a lessor company. Think Im gonna find out with company they are so I can talk about them in comparison. That is if my posts dont get removed.

Done ranting for today. Horrible service all weekend long. Thanks.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 482 of 2,193
I have went over 1 time already and I have 2 more times to go over. I have went over this month, so I have 1 overage left. When I finish my three times is comcast going to charge me all the totals from the overages or just the total of the month if I go over? I really need 600 gbs a month.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 483 of 2,193

I'm on my last grace period, yet these crooks are still charging me for the last month, because they can...Assume that if they can get away with bilking you they will...

Unfortunately, they have a monopoly in my town so the only choice I have are with AT&T which only offers 768 kbs connection even though I live less than a mile of their tower...

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 484 of 2,193
Posted by
New Poster
Message 485 of 2,193
Well I was hoping for a little more than that response.

As a follow up, I also complained via the FCC website, comcast said they answered my concerns but they never did and then FCC closed my complaint. Perhaps 'no answer' is an acceptable answer to comcast.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 486 of 2,193
IDK why peeps would think complaining to gov workers will do the trick. They could care less. Trying to get something from the gov is worse then Comcast.
Our best bet is when Google comes in and crushes this company. That's prob why Comcast is milking peeps for money cuase that will cost them alot when peeps start switching over.

Maybe that's why my internet is getting worse cuase I keep complaining here.
Then again I might still be disappointed with Comcast.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 487 of 2,193

The other devious thing about this cap they don't tell you. Common sense says you have 3 grace periods per year right? When the cap was first put in place their was some verbiage about 3 grace periods per billing year etc.

Well that is not exactly the case. So you figure in one year you can have 3 grace periods then at the end of the Calendar year you get those 3 back. Of course comcast couldn't do that.

So let's say you go over in March 2015, you won't get that grace period back until March of 2016. They don't reset at the start of the year they only reset 1 year after you used one up. After filing complaints with the BBB,FTC and FCC I only found that out after ranting to a omcast mid level exec who called me back after all my complaints.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 488 of 2,193
You would have to pay $129 to get 50mhz download, pay $199 for an ignorant tech to change your cable and then you won't have a data cap. Go to the FCC consumer complaint website please. I'm in a "test market" and data caps are not disclosed. Anywhere...fraud, cram down, violation of net neutrality laws....umm FRAUD
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 489 of 2,193
11alive is NBC which owns Comcast. Contact Fcc consumer complaints online.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 490 of 2,193
You would have to pay $129 to get 50mhz download, pay $199 for an ignorant tech to change your cable and then you won't have a data cap. Go to the FCC consumer complaint website please. I'm in a "test market" and data caps are not disclosed. Anywhere...fraud, cram down, violation of net neutrality laws
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 491 of 2,193
I have requested contact information for a mid to upper level supervisor. I keep getting dropped from customer non service and rarely get a rep who has any knowledge of their company much less this undisclosed data cap nonsense. I would like to speak to or email a person who can do something about lifting this cap.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 492 of 2,193

It is poor service that customers like me paying for the highest speed internet service (105Mb) are stuck with the same monthly data cap (300Gb\month) as people who pay for the slow internet speeds. More speed means that more data will be used so you are arbitrarily punishing your best customers.  Also, when I use less than the cap in a month, that extra doesn't carry over.

I am already 150 GB over my limit for June, which will result in an extra $30 on my bill after I pay for the highest tier internet service.  It is reasons like this that as soon as other options like Google fiber are available, people will leave Comcast. It makes no sense. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 493 of 2,193

Comcast or what they prefer you to know them as is Xfinty just plan sucks! by charging for any usage of internet over your monthly bill is going to drive people away! as long as I can pay buy the GB from anyone else they will loose my money!!!!!! I already have a hot spot from verizon, so if I have to pay extra, well verizon will get it! don't get me wrong verizon isn't much better! comcast has just broke it off in my REAR END too many times

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 494 of 2,193

I just went over my 300GB for the month,  First time hitting that, usually the usage is between 100 and 200GB.  I checked my router and it said that the WAN usage was under 200GB.  Why would my usage be showing lower and more in line with what has been my norm than what comcast is showing?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 495 of 2,193

If you are unhappy about the data caps "trial", you are far better off filing a complaint with the FCC than complaining to Comcast.

Now that Net Neutrality is in place, the FCC has new authority to look at unfair billing practices and other things that ISPs do to restrict or limit internet access.

I think Comcast has been stymied on their desire to implement data caps nationwide and are awaiting action by the FCC so they can get all their high paid lawyers and lobbyists in action.

Regardless what they say, they do not value their customers and the data cap "trial" is a prime example of how greedy they are.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 496 of 2,193

Well, Been out of town all week. Just to return home to another 250+ dollar bill, Im sure comcast wants me to pay. just to log online and the first thing to happen, DC. No internet connection, AFter 15 mins of trying to get it back. I can finaly post another post about Comcast of which I already know the could give a rats *** about. AS long as I pay that is.

Spoke with some of my Gov buds, They told me good luck with my problem, My best bet would be to find another provider.

Maybe I could use one of those Europe ISP. I Hear from my friends they are 200% better then ANY american company, 

Go figure. Americans dont provide good service. Maybe I can find a TexMex Provider. They work hard.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 497 of 2,193

Maybe you can switch to Charter/TWC.  Charter told the FCC this week that they will have NO caps.

I wonder if the Comcast/TWC merger would have been approved if Comcast had announced NO caps?

I would switch to Charter in a heartbeat and willing to pay more if I could but Comcast has a monopoly here.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 498 of 2,193

Most of us do not have a choice in ISP due to lack of competition in our area.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 499 of 2,193

there it goes again, 26 ping, 44 down, 22 up, this is not the package Im paying for.

Tryin to download update that consist of about 345 mb. downloading at 175kbs, total time. 5 hrs.

Guess I have a 56K modem now. Whats the purpose in top dollar for bottom package? Oh to make yall money, an jerk me around.