Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

TG1682G admin tool fails when setting a time range to block a device from internet access

Frequent Visitor

TG1682G admin tool fails when setting a time range to block a device from internet access

When I try to set a time period to block a device from the internet the management console errors out with

start time must be smaller than end time!

For example I want to block a device from the internet from 10:00PM to 6:AM

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 11.09.53 AM.png

When I click save, it pops up a dialog that says "Start time should be smaller than End time"

This is clearly a bug. 

TG1682G

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:10.1.25.SIP.PC20.CT

Software Image Name:TG1682_2.9p6s1_PROD_sey

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 11.07.03 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: TG1682G admin tool fails when setting a time range to block a device from internet access

I think I just found the answer to how to access Xfinity xFi

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-xFi/XFINITY-xFi-app/m-p/2933123#M285

Thank again!

All Replies
Problem Solver

Re: TG1682G admin tool fails when setting a time range to block a device from internet access

As far as I’m aware of that’s supposed to be no longer available but controllable through Xfinity xFi
Frequent Visitor

@jweaver0312 wrote:
As far as I’m aware of that’s supposed to be no longer available but controllable through Xfinity xFi

Thanks for the reply, but I don't understand.

The admin console has the parental control, but it doesn't work. That's not the same as "no longer available". 

Are you saying that parental controls are available through Xfinity xFi?
If so, how can I access Xfinity xFi?

Frequent Visitor

I think I just found the answer to how to access Xfinity xFi

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-xFi/XFINITY-xFi-app/m-p/2933123#M285

Thank again!

Problem Solver

No problem. You just need to create a profile for the device and use the bedtime mode feature to restrict the times. The only options are School nights (Sunday - Thursday) and weeknights (Friday - Saturday) sadly currently so you can’t do a specific day. Either a group of days or all days.
Frequent Visitor

@jweaver0312 wrote:
No problem. You just need to create a profile for the device and use the bedtime mode feature to restrict the times. The only options are School nights (Sunday - Thursday) and weeknights (Friday - Saturday) sadly currently so you can’t do a specific day. Either a group of days or all days.

Yup. Thanks for the pointer. xFi is the way to go. I've set up profiles and identified devices, associate them with profiles and set up 'bedtime mode' for one of the profiles. Just what I needed. 

Thanks again.