Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TG1682G (XB3) Incompatible based on filters?

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 9

I think this modem is going out?

And is it time to get a replacement? 

My plan is HSD Blast Pro 200Mbps down

Modem is TG1682G (XB3)

TG1682G (XB3) Incompatible based on filters?

Some times wifi drops when usiing tablets and lap tops and at times it drops the wired to the pc and PS4, speeds move more the then +-10%  the speeds are great but slow speeds are not so good. 

Is thare any settings I can do before taking the modem in and getting a new one?, I do rent the modem from comcast.

It's been not to bad up in tell the last few months and beed getting slower ? 

Any help would be nice. 

P.S. I do some gaming on line and like faster speeds so I don't lag out and when the modem acts up not so good.

Thank you for all your help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 9 of 9
Solution

I'm happy to hear that all issues have been resolved, Nightoneracing. If you get any questions - feel free to reach me Smiley Happy

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
8 REPLIES
Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 2 of 9

Not sure why you are getting that "incompatible" message because it is compatible with that speed tier.

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here; http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 9
Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 4 of 9

Not certain that this is the cause of the problem but the upstream power is borderline / high (especially on channel  # 1) and may be intermittently fluctuating even higher out of spec. That can cause random disconnects, spontaneous re-booting of the modem, and speed and latency problems.

In a self troubleshooting effort to try to obtain better connectivity / more wiggle room, check to see if there are there any excess/unneeded coax cable splitters in the line leading to the modem that can be eliminated/re-configured. Any splitters that remain should be high quality and cable rated for 5-1002 MHz, bi-directional, and no gold colored garbage from big box stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Wal-Mart etc. Splitters should be swapped with known to be good / new ones to test

If there aren't any unneeded splitters that can be eliminated and if your coax wiring setup can't be reconfigured so that there is a single two way splitter connected directly off of the drop from the street/pole with one port feeding the modem and the other port feeding the rest of the house/equipment with additional splits as needed, and you've checked all the wiring and fittings for integrity and tightness and refresh them by taking them apart then check for and clean off any corrosion / oxidation on the center wire and put them back together again, then perhaps it's best to book a tech visit to investigate and correct.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Highlighted
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 9

Thanks EC I check the cable ot only have 1 spiter and that was put by comcast for the TV Box?,

I check it out maybe a mouse had some cable for eats.

Will let you know what I fined so it can help us all out .

Thank You for your help

Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 6 of 9

Quite welcome. Good luck !

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 9

Hi EG

Just need to up date this some, On Monday 07/31/2017 oh about 5:59PM MST I was on line gaming with my PS4, (Battlefield 1) and things went bad fast it got getting laggy then the game lock up got this bad looking error code on the PS4 (sent in to SONY the error code).  Then lost all internet and phone but still had TV then about 15 mins the Tv went out so, I called in to comcast and was telled that Comcast was upgrading  some things? to make internet better and that internet and should be back up about 12:00 AM. I went to bed got up for work at 4:30 sure Phone was back up went to the modem (TG1682G) and it was back on I think not sure about TV.  When I got home from work all was ok the speeds was not to good but working for the most part. So done a speed test on the PS4 it was at about 100Mbps it goes up and down just like the modem (TG1682G) most of the time reads 200Mbps +- about 30% I have seen it at as low as 40Mbps or lower. It some times drops wifi off and on in sec's and it's the only thing running wifi in my house. I did some looking to day I seen that comcast is up to 3.1 docsis should I up grade the modem to one that has DOCSIS 3.1 ? and is the TG1682G at the end of life with DOCSIS 2.0?

Thank you for your time on this

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 8 of 9

Hi @Nightoneracing. If you are still having trouble, I can help with your intermittent speed issues. For the record our Wireless Gateway TG1682 is currently a fully compatible DOCSIS 3.0 modem capable of achieving Blast Pro 200 Mbps speeds.  Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can perform diagnostics and help you find the root cause.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 9 of 9
Solution

I'm happy to hear that all issues have been resolved, Nightoneracing. If you get any questions - feel free to reach me Smiley Happy

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.